Learn 4 Effective Guide On How To Recover Deleted or Lost WhatsApp Messages on iPhone!
Summary: Accidentally deleted or lost important WhatsApp messages on your iPhone? Looking for solutions on how to restore WhatsApp chat history on iPhone? Just relax! This page introduces several solutions that will help you to recover deleted or lost WhatsApp chat history on iPhone with or without backup. Simply follow the solutions one by one.
Tip: One of the best ways to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone/iPad is to use professional iPhone Data Recovery which is a suitable and reliable iPhone WhatsApp Chat History Recovery software.
With iPhone WhatsApp Messages Recovery Tool, you can:
- Efficiently recover deleted, lost, missing WhatsApp messages from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with or without backup.
- Retrieve deleted WhatsApp attachments such as photos, videos, audio, GIF images, documents, etc.
- Extract WhatsApp chat messages from locked, jailbroken, factory reset, water damaged, screen broken, virus attacked iPhone.
- Restore WhatsApp chat history directly from iPhone without backup as well as restore from iTunes and iCloud backup file.
- Preview recoverable WhatsApp data within preview screen of software before final recovery.
Free Download WhatsApp Recovery Software For iPhone
WhatsApp has become a famous messaging app for all smartphone users. It is available in every popular smartphone mobiles such as iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry.
Nowadays, most of the iPhone users prefer WhatsApp to chat with families, colleagues and friends. This amazing chatting app allows users to communicate through text and images, voice and video calls over Wi-Fi or cellular networks. However, problems may takes place as for example users may tap on any wrong option and WhatsApp chat history is deleted.
Just have a look at practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: User Looking To Partially Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iPhone
how to restore deleted whatsapp messages from iphone
My kid deleted a couple of whatsapp messages on my iPhone, which is important for me. I checked the official document on whatsapp, but i don’t want to restore the whole chat history coz this will erase the current new ones. I don’t know if there was a way to recover these deleted messages only, a partial restore is preferred. Anyone have some suggestion on this?
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
That was just only one example. There are many iPhone users out there encountering WhatsApp data loss due to different causes in their daily life.
So, first of all let us know what are some common causes for the loss or deletion of WhatsApp data on iPhone? It is important to know the causes, so that you can take precaution in future to avoid such causes or mistakes that are responsible for WhatApp data loss.
Additional Reading: How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android To iPhone 6
Causes For The Loss or Deletion of WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
- Accidental deletion.
- Performing factory reset on your iOS device.
- Updating iOS to latest version.
- Virus infection.
- Jailbreaking the device.
- iOS device got water damaged, screen broken or unresponsive.
- Locked device dues to forgotten passcode.
- And so on…
So, now the question arises here – how to get back deleted or lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone?
Well, below follow the solutions one-by-one to recover deleted WhatsApp chat history from iPhone.
Solution 1: Restore Deleted Chat History From WhatsApp iCloud Backup
For iOS users, WhatsApp does not backup your data daily on its server and hence, it can’t help you to recover deleted chat history.
But it allows users to back up chat history and media to iCloud. So, if you have been backing up messages to iCloud on WhatsApp, then you can follow the below-steps to restore chat history from WhatsApp iCloud backup.
But before that make sure that you have backed-up WhatsApp messages to iCloud or turned ON Auto Backup before. To check backup file, go to WhatsApp → Settings → Chats → Chat Backup. Now, if there is a backup file, then follow the below-steps.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone and then re-install it on your iPhone from App Store.
- Next verify your phone number and then you will see the welcome notice prompting you to restore chat history. Simply click on “Restore Chat History”.
- On the completion of restore process, you shall get back your chat history and media files on your iPhone.
Note: You have to use same iCloud username and password and same phone number by which you have backed-up your Whatsapp.
Additional Reading: Solved: iPhone Deleting Messages By Itself
Solution 2: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iCloud Backup
If you have backed-up your iPhone to iCloud, then follow the below-steps to restore deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone via iCloud backup.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings.
- After this set-up your iPhone and once you reach “Apps & Data” screen. Select “Restore from iCloud Backup” and then Sign-in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
- Now select the relevant backup file from iCloud by looking the date of the backup files.
- After you select backup file, the transfer starts. If you get a pop-up message saying a newer version of iOS required then kindly follows the onscreen steps to update.
Note: Make sure to keep device connected to Wi-Fi network until the restore process is complete.
Once, the restore process get completed, you will see that lost or deleted WhatsApp messages has restored back on your iPhone.
Additional Reading: How To Restore Deleted/Lost Kik Messages on iPhone
Solution 3: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer in which you have earlier synced your device.
- If message prompts asking for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, then simply follow the onscreen steps.
- When iTunes detects your iPhone, select it and then got ot Summary tab and click on “Restore Backup”.
- Select the backup files that contain WhatsApp messages and then click on “Restore” button.
Note: This solution may lead to the loss of new data and hence you must backup your iPhone WhatsApp before restoring chat content.
Additional Reading: Recover Deleted/Lost WeChat History From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Solution 4: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iPhone Without Backup
In case, if you do not have backup of your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes or WhatsApp cloud backup, then in that case it is highly recommended that you must try third-party professional iPhone Data Recovery which is reliable and world most popular WhatsApp Recovery Software for iPhone.
This WhatsApp Recovery Tool for iPhone will help you to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, audio, GIF images, documents, etc from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can use this software to recover chat history without backup as well as selectively extract chat messages from iTunes or iCloud Back file from iPhone.
Below follow the complete tutorial to get back deleted or lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone using iPhone Data recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Restore Deleted Tango Messages From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- How To Backup and Restore LINE Chat History on iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch
- How To Backup And Restore Viber Messages On iPhone
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages On iPhone
- How To Restore Whatsapp Chat History on iPhone
Steps To Recover Lost or Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iPhone
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Accidentally deleting or losing WhatsApp chats on iPhone may lead to a situation of disappointment. Hence, to ease off your worries, we have shared 4 different methods-above that you can follow to recover all your WhatsApp chat messages as well as your lost photos, videos, audio and attachments from your iPhone.
Also note that it is strongly recommended that you must use iPhone Data Recovery tool for recovering deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone in the absence of iTunes, iCloud or WhatsApp iCloud backup file.