Learn The 3 Easiest Ways To Recover Deleted or Lost Contacts From iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus!
While using your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, it may happen that you have mistakenly deleted your contacts, or you have performed a factory reset, these are basically two important factors that are responsible for loss of contacts from your iPhone.
Well, if your looking for a solution on how do I restore deleted contacts from iPhone 7/7 plus?
Then don’t worry, you can easily retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus by following the 3 methods mentioned in this blog post.
However, one of the best and safest ways to retrieve lost or deleted contacts from iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus can be easily done with the help of iPhone Data Recovery software.
With the help of iPhone Data Recovery software, one can:
- Easily recover lost, deleted or missing contacts from iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Also restore contacts/phone numbers from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/6/5/4, etc.
- Restore lost contacts lost dues to accidental deletion, factory reset, system crash, water damaged, ROM flashing, jailbreak, iOS update and so on.
- Also recover deleted photos, call history, videos, contacts, memo, notes, WhatsApp chat history and many more.
Free Download iPhone 7/7 Plus Contacts Recovery Tool
Let’s start with real user example!
Practical Scenario: A User iPhone 7 Plus Contacts Has Disappeared
iphone 7 plus – some contacts disappear
This is driving me absolutely demented.
I’ve lost some contacts, totally randomly (not all contacts, just some now and again). Naturally it’s always a contact that I use and go to phone or message and the contact has disappeared.
After googling, I thought the issue may be to do with icloud. However, when I went to restore contacts with icloud, there were none to restore.
I then checked on my phone to ensure it was backing up but each time I try and go into icloud on the iphone it says “can’t connect to icloud”.
I’m at a total loss.
Has anyone else experienced losing some of their contacts?
– Original Post From iMore Forums
Whenever the data that is lost like contacts, music files, photos, videos etc. can be recovered in three ways.
First, recovering the lost contacts from your iPhone 7/7 Plus directly, if you are not having any backup of your lost data and this is possible with the help of professional iPhone 7 Contacts Recovery Tool. Using this tool, it scans the entire device and recovers the lost or deleted data, within few simple clicks.
Second, from your iTunes backup, that you have created while using your new iPhone.
Third, from your iCloud backup, that you have created while using your new iPhone.
Additional Reading: How to Restore your missing Address Book from iPhone?
Main Causes For The Loss or Deletion of Contacts From iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Accidental Deletion of Data – Sometimes, we accidentally delete data by pressing the wrong button. While deleting unwanted files we click on “Delete All” button and thereby we lose our important data as well.
- Hardware or software Malfunction – This is another reason of data loss. The hardware or software malfunction can take place when you drop your iPhone, iPad or iPod on the ground, interruption while charging the device or replacing the battery casually.
- Virus/Malware Attack – Virus/Malware attack is one of the prime factors that can easily corrupt stored data on your iDevices. Hackers making more and more iOS-based virus and malware to gain remote access of other people iPhones, iPad and iPod. Even the best anti-virus programs are not able to detect them.
- Software corruption – your iDevice may suffer software corruption and an app might shut down unexpectedly while you are using it and as a result, you may encounter data loss. Sometimes, anti-virus or other security apps can cause software corruption of your iOS device.
- Other Reasons – Other reasons such as performing restore factory settings, improper jailbreak of iDevices, downgrade or upgrade of iOS, etc can lead to data loss.
Therefore, it is suggested that you must keep a backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod. But if you do not have any backup then you have to look for a way to recover those deleted/lost data. iPhone Data Recovery Tool for Windows/Mac will allow you to recover your lost or deleted contacts directly from your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
Additional Reading: 3 Ways To Recover Lost or Deleted Data From iPhone 7/7 Plus
Method 1: iPhone 7 Contacts Recovery – Recover Lost or Deleted Contacts From iPhone 7/7 Plus
iPhone Data Recovery Tool is a suitable iPhone 7 Contacts Recovery software that will help you to directly recover deleted/lost/erased/missing contacts from iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus as well from other models of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Beside contacts, it also recover text messages, photos, videos, notes, call logs, memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents and even safari bookmarks. It can recover data that has lost due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc.
The software is available separately for both Windows and Mac and comes with a user-friendly interface so that anybody can easily operate it.
It also allows you to preview the files of recovered data within the application before final recovery. So, what are you waiting for just download and install this powerful iDevice Data recovery software for free and restore back all data what you have lost.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S
- Fix iPhone 7/7 Plus Overheating and Battery Draining Problem with Simple Guide!
- 5 Most Common Annoying Issues In iPhone 7 and Their Fixes
- A Complete Guide to View Photos, Text Messages, Contacts and More on iTunes
Steps To Recover Deleted Contacts From iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Below find out other two ways to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 7/7 Plus with iTunes and iCloud Backup.
As most of the iDevice users face a loss of data such as pictures, videos, contacts, SMS, notes, audio, etc. Here find out the manual methods that will help you to recover lost or deleted data from iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. You can follow the below methods only when you have synced your iDevice with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
Method 2 – Restore Deleted iPhone 7/7 Plus Contacts From iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device. If iTunes tell you that there is an iOS update then get the latest update.
- Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you are using Windows computer and if there is no File menu then you can press Alt key.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Click on Restore and wait for the process to complete.
- Your iDevice will restart and then it will sync with your computer. Stay connected till the sync process completes.
Additional Reading: Ways You Can Apply To Delete Data Permanently From iPhone 7/7 Plus
Method 3 – Restore Deleted iPhone 7/7 Plus Contacts From iCloud Backup
- Switch on your iDevice. Go to iOS Setup Assistant mode with a Hello screen.
- Now connect your device with Wi-Fi network and follow the steps until you see Set Up Device screen.
- Click on Restore from iCloud Backup. Sign into your iCloud account.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Once you select the backup the transfer will start.
- If you have used multiple Apple IDs for purchasing apps or contents from iTunes or App store then you have to sign in each Apple IDs. If you have forgotten the password then you can skip this step and enter it later.
- Now you have to just give a process time to complete the task. Restoring data from backup can take a time, depending upon the size of the file and network speed.
Note – If you have already set up your device then you have to erase all content from your iDevice because backup through iCloud is only possible through the Setup Assistant.
Additional Reading: Can I extract iPhone contacts to a CSV file?
Tips To Avoid Data Loss From iPhone
When you lose your important data, then it is really difficult to get any idea what to do. However nowadays there are lots of ways by which users can save their data from lost. Here you are listed with some of the best tips that can help you to prevent your crucial data:
- At the time when you want to delete files from iOS devices, just check the files twice carefully.
- Always backup your data on a regular basis by syncing your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
- Make a habit of keeping the backup of your iOS device data to iTunes or iCloud every time. You should do it before you update your device to new iOS version.
- Most of the users go for jailbreak. Hence, it is recommended that when you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod then do it in a proper way. Otherwise you may lose data of that iOS device.
- Remember to pay attention to keep your iOS device in a safe place while you are in crowds.
- While you perform restore factory settings you should remember to backup your iOS Device.
It becomes very important to create a backup of all your essential data and not only contacts. However the situation is faced by many people which comes unexpected. So its better to have a safe side always.
But as of now, you have got 3 methods to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 7/7 Plus. However, out of three methods it is highly recommend that you must go for iPhone Data Recovery software as it has many advantages over other 2 methods.