Have you ever come across iTunes error?
“The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).”
“The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).”
Well, this situation occurs to many iOS users while using their device. If you also experience the same error then you should read this blog completely. Because you will know everything about how to fix iTunes error 4013/4014.
Tip: One of the best way to to fix iTunes Error 4013 or 4014 or iPhone error 4013 or 4014 error code, is to use iOS System Repair.
With the help of iOS System Repair, you can:
- Effectively fix iTunes error 4013/4014 by fixing the iOS system to normal.
- Repair iTunes error code 4013 and 4013 without any data loss.
- Also fix other iTunes error code such as iTunes Could Not Connect To This iPad. An Unknown Error Occurred, iTunes error 3014, iTunes error 4005, etc.
What Is iTunes Error 4013/4014?
Well, iTunes error 4013 and iTunes error 4014 is also called iPhone error 4013 and iPhone error 4014. Actually this error occurs when users try to restore their iPhone using iTunes and also became one of the common bugs in iOS.
This error can also occur due to hardware related that is commonly seen because of poor port or cable. In fact there are other reasons as well which can lead to such error to occur and they are:
- While upgrading iOS to latest version
- iTunes is not installed correctly
- Wi-Fi signals are not good
- USB cable is broken or damaged
When it occurs then you can see the error message as indicated below:
“The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).”
The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).
When your iPhone is connected to computer then iTunes identifies the device. But many times due to poor cable strength, it does not work or some unwanted function starts.
So, here it is important to find out the solution to resolve iTunes error 4013/4014. You don’t have to get worry as some of the best ways to handle the situation is discussed below which can completely help you to get out of the situation.
Also Read: How to Fix iTunes Error 53 on Windows /Mac?
Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 4013/4014
Some of the best ways are here for you to solve iTunes error. Follow the below steps carefully to remove any kind of error which stops iTunes to update the device or some other work to function.
#1- Check USB port & connector
As it is mentioned above that the problem occurs due to hardware problem, so you can check your USB port and its connector. This is because error was due to poor cable and port. So follow the steps:
- Always use the USB cable that comes with your device. If you don’t have then you can try another Apple USB cable.
- Now switch to different USB port on computer.
#2- Update iTunes to its latest version
Already mentioned that the error is related to iTunes so it comes when you try to restore iPhone using iTunes. Many times your iTunes get corrupt or damage and you don’t know about it. Or maybe you have not updated your iTunes from long time.
But the problem is – How do I get the latest version of iTunes?
Below follow the steps to update iTunes to latest version:
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to Help section and then click on “Check for Updates“.
The reason can be of anything so why not check for updates. If the update is available for iTunes then update it. This can solve the error you are facing.
Alternatively, you can install latest version of iTunes from HERE.
Users Also See: Complete Solution To Fix iTunes 1671 Error on Windows/Mac
#3- Clean your iPhone
Though it may sound awkward especially in this situation but yes, it can have a great impact on your iTunes error. Many times iTunes error 4013/4014 occur due to less storage space on your iPhone. Know How to free up space on iPhone on Windows/Mac? So better to delete some apps or data which is not important for you to fix iPhone error.
#4- Reboot your iPhone
Even you can reboot your device to fix iTunes error. For that you have to follow the steps:
- First disconnect your device from PC and reboot it. For that you have to press and hold the Home button and sleep button at same time at least for 10 seconds. If you have iPhone 7/7 Plus then press and hold volume down button with sleep button at same time.
- When your phone restarts, again connect it with your computer. Then try to update it.
Also Read: How do I get my iPhone out of DFU mode?
#5- Do factory reset to fix iTunes error 4013/4014
However to fix iPhone error 4013/4014, doing factory reset of your iPhone can also help you. Some of the steps are:
- First, backup your iPhone
- Then go to “settings” > “general” > “reset”
- Select “Erase all content and settings”
- After that enter your passcode
- At last click on “Erase iPhone”
So all these ways are really helpful to fix iTunes error 4013/4014 or iPhone error code 4013 or 4014. But if all the above mentioned ways does not work or fails then also there is nothing to worry. Read further to know how to solve iPhone error 4013/4014.
Fix iTunes error 4013/4014 without any Data Loss [Recommended Solution]
Well following the above steps one by one can be really tiresome and even it can be a lengthy process. As you have to follow one, if not work then go to next step. It’s really boring, so why not to try one-step solution which can save your time and also works effectively and instantly?
Use iOS System Repair software. This is one of the best software which can deal with any kind of error on iPhone/iPad. This software is really help to repair any type of iTunes error, including iTunes error 4013 and 4014 without any data loss and it does not take much time.
Below download iOS System Repair software and follow the step-by-step guide to to fix and get rid of iTunes or iPhone error code 4013 or 4014.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [SOLUTION]- How to Fix ‘iPhone Stuck at Apple Logo’ and Recover Data without Backup
- [Solved]- How to Fix iTunes Error 3194 while Upgrading or Downgrading iPhone/iPad
- iTunes “Invalid Response” Error in iOS 10- How to Fix?
- How To Put iPhone/iPad/iPod In And Out Of Recovery Mode
Steps To Fix iTunes Error Code 4013 And 4014
Note: After using iOS System repair, your device will get updated to the latest iOS version. If you have unlocked iOS device before then it will get locked and if your iOS device has been jailbroken, then it will get updated to non-jailbroken.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
Launch iOS System Repair software on your computer and select "Repair" from available options.
After this connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on 'Start' button to continue.
Now the software will display the device information, such as device model, system version, etc. Click Next to Continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If your device is not working properly, then this software will notify you to boot the device in DFU mode.
Here how to boot your iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone X in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Steps To boot other iDevices in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
In order to guarantee successful system recovery, please select correct device model and firmware information and then click on Download.
Since the firmware download size is large, it will take some time to complete download.
Step 4: Repair/Fix iOS device to normal status
After download is completed, click on "Fix Now" to begin the repairing process in order to get your iOS device to work normally again.
Once the repairing process gets competes, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will restart into normal mode. If your device does not boot normally then you can click on "Try Again" to try the process again.
However, now it is clear about iTunes error 4013/4014 and also how to fix it. Even several steps are there that you can apply one by one to solve the situation you face. Though several reasons are behind such error to occur but no need to panic.
Use the professional software iOS System Recovery Tool to handle the situation in better way. It will fix whatever problem your iPhone have without any data loss.