Have you forgotten Apple ID password?
Looking for a solution on how to reset iPhone without Apple ID password?
Forgot Apple ID password – want to know how reset Apple ID?
How to recover data from iPhone of whose you have forgotten Apple ID password?
This blog post will help you to reset your iPhone without Apple ID, restore inaccessible data from iPhone without Apple ID and solutions to all other questions mentioned-above. Simply read the post and follow the solutions. Apple ID is all-in-one account which helps to log into several accounts linked with Apple like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iTunes, iCloud, or Apple Store. But this situation happens when you don’t use it for some time and you forget ID and password.
However there are many users like this who suffers from such situation and they don’t know how to go forward.
For example just check out real user problem given below!
Practical Scenario: A User Want To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID
[Tips] How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID
“Hey..I bought this iPhone from some one in England … I wanted to reset the iPhone back to factory setting but know its asking me for the apple ID and password and i don’t know … Is there any possible way to do factory setting and use iPhone normal ??? Helpful answer will be appreciated thank you…”
– Original Post From iLounge Forums
Well the situation may be very irritating. Many times it happens to you also when you want to reset your iPhone but unfortunately you forget your Apple ID.
Additional Reading: Forgot Your iPhone Screen Lock Password? Here’s What To Do!
Apple ID is all-in-one account which helps to log into several accounts linked with Apple like iTunes, iCloud, or Apple Store. But this situation happens when you don’t use it for some time and you forget ID and password.
However there are many users like this who suffer from such situation and they don’t know how to go forward. For you and for all those users who face problem in resetting their iPhone without Apple ID, this blog will be helpful. Here you will get the complete information about how to reset iPhone without Apple ID.
So let us read further and find out the best solution.
Note: This solution support all iPhone models such as iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus/5/5C/4/SE/ 6/6 Plus/5S/4S/3GS.
- Part 1: Forgot Apple ID Password? How To Reset Forgot Apple ID Password
- Part 2: Forgot Apple ID? How To Perform Apple ID Reset
- Part 3: How To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID When Find My iPhone Is Turned OFF
- Part 4: How To Recover Lost Data After iPhone Factory Reset
Part 1: Forgot Apple ID Password? How To Reset Forgot Apple ID Password
When you forget the Apple ID password then you can reset it. You will get several ways to do that. Mentioned below are some of the steps to restore your password when you have your Apple ID.
Know how to Reset Apple ID password through iPhone device
- First go to settings and after that enter “iCloud” on your iOS device.
- Click on email ID available on top of iCloud screen.
- There you will get an option “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
- Here you to enter your Apple ID.
- After that you will get few security question and you can reset your Apple ID password.
- At last, enter new password that you want and confirm it.
Additional Reading: How To Unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod Passcode Without Restore
Know how to reset Apple ID password from web
- First visit the site: https://appleid.apple.com/
- There you will “manage your Apple account” under which you will get “Forgot Apple ID or password”. Hit on it.
- Now here you have to enter your Apple ID and then have to answer security questions.
- Now enter your new password and at last confirm it.
Additional Reading: iPhone Touch ID Not Working! How To Fix It?
Part 2: Forgot Apple ID? How To Perform Apple ID Reset
In the above step, you had known how to reset Apple ID password when you forget it but know the Apple ID. Here you will get the steps when you forget your Apple ID. Follow the below mentioned steps carefully:
- First go to: https://appleid.apple.com/
- Then go to https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid on web browser
- Here you have to enter the first and last name linked with your Apple account
- After that enter the email address that is associated with Apple account
- Now hit on “recover by Email” or can select “answer security questions” if you don’t forget them
- After that you will get email with recovery instructions. Reset your Apple ID and password and recommended to set up “two-step verification”
Additional Reading: [TIPS]- How to Use Find My iPhone to Track Lost/Stolen iPhone/iPad
Part 3: How To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID When Find My iPhone Is Turned OFF
Well when you want to reset your iPhone without Apple ID then you also make sure that Find My iPhone is switched off. After that you have to enter into the recovery mode where you will get the option to reset your iOS device without Apple ID. Follow the steps below:
- Before moving further, you should know that all your data will be deleted after you enter recovery mode, so its better to back up your iPhone data completely.
- Now iTunes will send a pop-up message after you enter into the recovery mode.
- Now on iTunes, hit on restore iPhone by going to ‘summary’ panel.
- After that hit on ‘restore’ when you get pop-up message.
- At last, your iPhone will restart after reset.
All the above steps are helpful in resetting your iPhone but one thing you have to note is that all your data will get erased. But if you have backup then you can restore from iTunes or iCloud. But without Apple ID you cannot restore your iPhone to iTunes/iCloud.
So here you need a third party software which can help you to get back your lost data from your iPhone after factory reset without Apple ID.
Additional Reading: How To Erase iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data Without Passcode
Part 4: How To Recover Lost Data After iPhone Factory Reset
In some of the cases, after following the above solutions it is possible that you may encounter data loss on your iPhone while resetting apple ID password and so on.
Well, data loss situation is one of the biggest headache, especially when you want to recover data and you don’t know how? But you don’t have to worry as with the help of iOS Data Recovery, you can easily recover lost or deleted data from iPhone after iPhone reset. It scans the entire device properly and finds the disappeared or lost data.
The software is available for both Windows and Mac.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Recover Lost Data After Factory Resetting Your iPhone
- [Solved]: “Not Enough iCloud Storage” on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- How to use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings
- 3 Easy Ways To Recover Wi-Fi Password From All iPhone Devices
Steps To Recover Lost or Disappeared Data from iPhone After Reset
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
- If you are looking to recover iPhone lost or deleted data from iTunes backup then please visit – iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
- And if you are looking to recover iPhone lost or deleted data from iCloud backup then please visit – How To Recover Data from iCloud Backup for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
After reading this post, I hope you were able to find the best solution for yourself on how to reset Apple ID or how to reset Apple password when you forgot your ID or password. Above all it is always suggested that you must backup your iPhone data and if you have not kept backup and encounter data loss after reset then immediately try iOS Data Recovery software to recover data from iPhone, selectively restore from iTunes and iCloud backup files.