“Hi, my girlfriend forgot her Apple ID passcode and now she can’t use the device. How can she reset it? She doesn’t know the password and she says the security questions are somehow wrong. Can anyone help?”
Well the situation may be very irritating. Many times it happens to you also when you want to reset your iPhone but unfortunately you forget your Apple ID.
Apple ID is all-in-one account which helps to log into several accounts linked with Apple like iTunes, iCloud, or Apple Store. But this situation happens when you don’t use it for some time and you forget ID and password.
However there are many users like this who suffer from such situation and they don’t know how to go forward. For you and for all those users who face problem in resetting their iPhone without Apple ID, this blog will be helpful. Here you will get the complete information about how to reset iPhone without Apple ID.
So let us read further and find out the best solution.
Part 1: How to perform forgot Apple ID & password reset
When you forget the Apple ID password then you can reset it. You will get several ways to do that. Mentioned below are some of the steps to restore your password when you have your Apple ID.
Know to Reset Apple ID password through iOS device
- First go to settings and after that enter “iCloud” on your iOS device
- Click on email ID available on top of iCloud screen
- There you will get an option “Forgot Apple ID or Password”
- Here you to enter your Apple ID
- After that you will get few security question and you can reset your Apple ID password
- At last, enter new password that you want and confirm it
Know to reset Apple ID password from web
- First visit the site: https://appleid.apple.com/
- There you will “manage your Apple account” under which you will get “Forgot Apple ID or password”. Hit on it
- Now here you have to enter your Apple ID and then have to answer security questions
- Now enter your new password and at last confirm it
Part 2: How to perform Apple ID reset
In the above step, you had known how to reset Apple ID password when you forget it but know the Apple ID. Here you will get the steps when you forget your Apple ID. Follow the below mentioned steps carefully:
- First go to: https://appleid.apple.com/
- Then go to https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid on web browser
- Here you have to enter the first and last name linked with your Apple account
- After that enter the email address that is associated with Apple account
- Now hit on “recover by Email” or can select “answer security questions” if you don’t forget them
- After that you will get email with recovery instructions. Reset your Apple ID and password and recommended to set up “two-step verification”
Part 3: How to reset iPhone without Apple ID
Well when you want to reset your iPhone without Apple ID then you also make sure that Find My iPhone is switched off. After that you have to enter into the recovery mode where you will get the option to reset your iOS device without Apple ID. Follow the steps below:
- Before moving further, you should know that all your data will be deleted after you enter recovery mode, so its better to back up your iPhone data completely
- Now iTunes will send a pop-up message after you enter into the recovery mode.
- Now on iTunes, hit on restore iPhone by going to ‘summary’ panel
- After that hit on ‘restore’ when you get pop-up message
- At last, your iPhone will restart after reset
All the above steps are helpful in resetting your iPhone but one thing you have to note is that all your data will get erased. But if you have backup then you can restore from iTunes or iCloud. But without Apple ID you cannot restore your iPhone to iTunes/iCloud.
So here you need a third party software which can help you to get back your lost data from your iPhone after factory reset without Apple ID.
Part 4: How to recover lost data after factory reset
Well, data loss situation is one of the biggest headache, especially when you want to recover and you don’t know how? But you don’t have to worry as with the help of iOS System Recovery, you can get back your lost or deleted data from iPhone easily. It scans the entire device properly and finds the erased data.
Steps to follow to Restore Deleted data from iPhone
Step 1: Select the Repair iOS System feature
Select “iOS System Recovery” from Dr.Fone main window and after that connect your device with your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on ‘Start’ button to continue.
Step 2: Download and Choose Firmware
Now you have you first download the firmware on your device which Dr.Fone automatically search for the latest versions. Hit on ‘Download’ option and then wait.
Step 3: Repair your iOS to its normal position
After download is over, it will automatically begin to repair the device so that the device can come back to its normal level. In Few minutes, it will indicate that device is restarting to its normal mode. This complete process only takes 10 minutes to repair.