8 Effective Solutions To Resolve/Fix iTunes Error 9 or iPhone Error 9! The Eighth Solution Works Effectively.
Have you come across following iTunes error?
The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
Are you an iPhone user facing problem with iTunes error 9 or iPhone error 9 and want to fix it?
If “YES” then read this blog till the end and follow the effective solutions and their steps to fix iTunes error 9.
Expert Tip: One of the best ways to get rid of iTunes error 9 or iPhone error 9 is to try iOS System Repair Tool.
With the use of this iOS System Repair software, you can:
- Effectively fix iTunes error 9 and iPhone error code 9.
- Resolve other iTunes error such as iTunes error 17, error 1671, error 27, error 1009, error 3014, error 4013, etc.
- Also fix iOS device issues such as iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch stuck at recovery mode, black/white/read screen, Apple logo and so on.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Just check out practical scenario below!
Practical Scenario: User Getting iTunes Error 9
How to fix Itunes Error 9?
hello friends, i got an iphone 6 16GB. It shows the Itunes Sign.
When i try to restore i always get itunes error 9. Before it worked great.
I didn’t drop it nothing, i just wanted to do an update and this happens.
i tried i4tools but it stays at 20 % “Nor Data”.
One time it went to 80 per cent but then crashed.
i spent more than 4 hours on it but didn’t find any solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
– Original Post From IFIXIT
Well, when you get iTunes error 9 , then it will put you in several trouble. When it occurs, everything stops and nothing is accessible on iOS devices. So it is very important to fix iTunes error 9 but before that you should also know about iTunes error 9.
Additional Reading: How to Fix iTunes Error 53 on Windows /Mac?
What Is iTunes Error 9?
iTunes error 9 is one of the security software problem and occurs while updating or restoring firmware on iPhone, iPad or iPod via iTunes. This is a serious issue that must be solved and in fact it avoids to access the device. Nothing works on the iOS device due to the error. As for an instance, your PC crashes with error 9 while running the same program. But this error is a very rare code.
But how this iPhone error 9 or iTunes error 9 occur?
Find the causes below!
Causes Behind The Occurrence of iTunes Error 9/iPhone Error 9
Well, the error occurs due to several reasons behind it. Some of them includes:
- Firewall blocking access to Apple servers
- iPhone jailbroken
- The security software avoiding access to Apple servers
- Due to network settings error
- Interruption of USB connection due to damaged ports, cable etc
As it is already mentioned about iTunes error 9 and its causes, so it is also important to learn how to fix such error? Though anything can be the cause of error 9, therefore here you will get best 8 ways to deal with iTunes error 9.
Additional Reading: Complete Solution To Fix 1671 Error In iTunes on Windows/Mac
8 Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 9 or iPhone Error 9
The below mentioned solutions apply to fix iTunes error 9 that occur with all iPhone and iPad such as iPhone 8/7/6/5/5S/4/3, etc.
Note: In few solutions that are mentioned below (particularly from solution 1 to solution 7) you may lose your data stored on your iPhone or iPad while fixing iTunes error 9. Hence, it is recommended that you must iOS Data Backup & Restore software to backup all data of your device to computer first.
Solution 1: Check USB Connection and Port Connector
Error may occur anytime and when your device is connected with your computer while data transfer and if there is any disconnection between them then iTunes error may occur. Follow the steps and check whether USB connection is in right place.
- Only use the cable that comes with your device.
- Then switch to different USB port on computer but don’t plug it o keyboard.
- Plug it to a different computer
Solution 2: Remove iTunes Error 9 via clearing iPhone Cookies, Caches, and History
Normal surfing may gather lots of junk files on iPhone which is not noticed usually. And when these junk files are not cleaned then problem can occur on iPhone due to which the device runs slow or an error 9 might occur.
To clean the junk files, go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website data. This will completely delete your browser caches or history of the device.
Additional Reading: 9 Possible Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 4005
Solution 3: Update iTunes to Latest Version
Sometimes because iTunes is not updated so such type of error occurs. So it is recommended to update iTunes with its latest version. Follow the steps below:
- First open iTunes on your PC
- Go to iTunes window from the top bar and select Help > Check for Updates
- Then follow the instructions to install latest version of iTunes
- At last after installing, reboot your PC to solve iTunes error 9
Solution 4: Do Hard Reset Your iPhone/iPad
Many times error occurs on iPhone due to software problem like software crashes. But following this method can solve such problem. Just press and hold Sleep/Wake button along with Home button at same time. Hold those buttons at least few seconds and then release when the logo of Apple appears. After that try to charge your device again.
Additional Reading: How to Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S
Solution 5: Factory Reset Your iPhone/iPad Device To Fix iTunes Error 9
If you restore your iPhone then you can easily fix iTunes error 9. However you will get two ways to do that. First, when you are unable to access to your computer then it’s better to restore iPhone directly on your device. Just follow the steps:
Setting > General > Reset > Erase All content and settings, after which a pop-up will appear to enter a passcode. Simply enter the passcode and factory reset your device.
Solution 6: Restore iPhone With iTunes To Avoid iTunes/iPhone Error 9
There is another option where you can fix iTunes error 9 by restoring iPhone with iTunes
- First open iTunes on your PC.
- Then connect your iPhone to PC with USB cable.
- After that select iPhone when iTunes appear
- At last hit on “Setting” > “Summary” > “restore iPhone”
Additional Reading: iTunes “Invalid Response” Error in iOS 10- How to Fix?
Solution 7: Check Security Software
The security software installed on your iPhone or iPad is not able to communicate with Apple on its update software. The issue could also occur when you try downloading files like songs or syncing your device and you get the iPhone/iPad error 9.
- Check your security software settings and make sure connection to Apple is enabled.
- Make sure your iPhone and iPad is detected by iTunes.
- Also check that time, date and time zone are set properly on your computer.
- Make sure that you have latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure that security software is up-to-date.
- Update your Windows/Mac operating system.
So here you have got the best seven ways to deal with iTunes error 9 which occurs while upgrading your iOS device.
But, when the above methods does not work then follow the next topic which will completely guide you how to fix iTunes error 9 without losing any data.
Solution 8: Use iOS Fix iTunes Error 9 or iPhone Error 9 Without Losing Data
When nothing goes on your way to fix the error, then it’s better to go for professional software like iOS System Repair tool. This is the best option where users will easily able to fix iTunes error 9 and that too without any data loss.
The software works effectively and fix iTunes error, DFU mode, iPhone/iPad stuck at recovery mode etc. It supports all iOS models and is fully compatible with iOS latest version. It helps users to solve any kind of error without any data loss.
Below download iOS System Repair software and follow the steps to fix iOS System to normal to get rid of iTunes error 9.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [Solved]: “iTunes Error 4013/4014” While Updating Your iPhone
- How to Back Up iPad on Mac without iCloud and iTunes
- How to use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings on Windows/Mac
- 11 Solutions To Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus Keep Restarting Itself
Steps To Repair iTunes Error 9 or iPhone Error Code 9
Note: After using iOS System repair, your device will get updated to the latest iOS version. If you have unlocked iOS device before then it will get locked and if your iOS device has been jailbroken, then it will get updated to non-jailbroken.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
Launch iOS System Repair software on your computer and select "Repair" from available options.
After this connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on 'Start' button to continue.
Now the software will display the device information, such as device model, system version, etc. Click Next to Continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If your device is not working properly, then this software will notify you to boot the device in DFU mode.
Here how to boot your iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone X in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Steps To boot other iDevices in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
In order to guarantee successful system recovery, please select correct device model and firmware information and then click on Download.
Since the firmware download size is large, it will take some time to complete download.
Step 4: Repair/Fix iOS device to normal status
After download is completed, click on "Fix Now" to begin the repairing process in order to get your iOS device to work normally again.
Once the repairing process gets competes, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will restart into normal mode. If your device does not boot normally then you can click on "Try Again" to try the process again.
So here you have got the best fixes to resolve iTunes error 9. Using all the above mentioned methods can give you relief from such errors. But still when all those methods does not works according to your way then you can take help of best tool that is iOS System Repair Tool, that help you to completely deal with iTunes error 9 on your iPhone.