Learn 6 Ways To Recover Lost Or Deleted WeChat Chat History on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
Summary: Lost or deleted important chat messages in WeChat on iPhone? Looking for a solution to retrieve the conversation back? Just relax! This blog post will help you to recover WeChat chat history from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/6S/5/5S/4S/4, iPad and iPod Touch with or without backup. Just read on to find the right solution to retrieve them back.
If you have accidentally lost or deleted WeChat chat messages, photos, audio, videos without any backup, then in order to recover deleted WeChat chat history from any kind of iOS device you should choose an effective recovery way, because a small mistake during the recovery process may make the entire data inaccessible permanently.
So it is suggested to opt perfect iOS WeChat Data Recovery Tool. This software is able to deal with all types of data inaccessibility issues and provide the perfect way to recover deleted WeChat history from iPhone.
With the help of this WeChat Data Recovery Tool For iPhone, you can:
- Retrieve WeChat media files such as pictures, videos, audio, gif images from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Recover all types of inaccessible data such as contacts, text messages, documents and more.
- Also recover WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, LINE, SnapChat photos, videos, audio and other media files from iOS device.
- 100% read-only program. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Download WeChat Chat History Recovery Tool
Nowadays WeChat has become very popular similar to many other apps like WhatsApp and other social media chat. This messaging app has replaced text messages as main instant messaging for daily communication.
But this can only save messages and history on phone. When you change the phone then it’s obvious that you will lose all your data like text messages, pictures, and voice messages along with other attachments.
Just check out real practical scenario below.
Additional Reading: How To Backup And Restore Viber Messages On iPhone
Practical Scenario: User Lost WeChat Conversation
how to recovery wechat deleted chat history
Hello guys, I really want to know how to recover the chat history of a deleted conversation in wechat. my iphone is iphone6 version 8.4.1 wechat version is 6.3.1
I want to recover a recorded voice chat history, but the records are not in other places, they are in the wechat app. what should i do to recover that? i didn’t back it up
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
Reasons That Result In WeChat Messages Loss On iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
As more and more data saved on our iOS device, the problem of data loss is also around us. No one can 100% guarantee that their data saved in the phone are in safe condition. Bad thing can come anytime and to anybody. Valuable data loss can bring huge hurt to our life and business. Below find out some reasons that result in data loss it will help you to avoid such loss to some extent.
- Mishandling of iDevices – If your iDevices accidentally gets drops onto the ground from your hands or into water then it can result in complete data loss from your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Wrong Operation – Most of the times photos, videos, contacts, messages get deleted by mistake or accidentally. Accidental deletion can take place by you or by your friends or family members. Also before deleting anything please check twice before you tap on Delete.
- Loss/Damage of iOS Device – You may lose your important data if your iOS device gets damaged, lost, stolen or get broken. To avoid such data loss, you must protect your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- iOS upgrade/downgrade, jailbreaking failure or factory settings restore – Other reasons like upgrading/downgrading iDevice, if jailbreaking gets failed, restoring device by using factory reset setting all these lead to data loss.
Just like above practical scenario example, what you should do when there is a loss of WeChat data by mistake?
Additional Reading: How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages On iPhone
Is it possible to recover deleted or lost WeChat History on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
Well, when the WeChat history is deleted mistakenly then it is not deleted permanently but it is marked as deletion tag. The deleted data can be recovered if you have made a backup of it before accidentally deletion as there are options to restore those with iCloud and iTunes backup.
But in this process many people have noticed that all the data have to erase first before restoring and it will definitely erase something out of your phone. Therefore to recover the WeChat history, it will be better that you use some third party tool to rescue the chat history from iPhone.
Additional Reading: How To Restore Whatsapp Chat History on iPhone
Solution 1: Try iOS Device Data Recovery Tool To Recover WeChat History Without Backup
iOS Device Data Recovery Tool easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It will help you to recover WeChat content such as photos, videos, audio, documents and more.
Beside WeChat, the software is also capable of recovering data of WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, LINE, Tango, SnapChat and other App’s videos, audio, photos and documents from iOS devices.
It is designed to recover deleted or lost iPhone, iPad andiPod touch contacts, text messages, photos, videos, notes, call logs, memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents and even safari bookmarks.
It can recover data that has lost due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc. This software is easy to use and can work for any iOS devices. It supports latest operating system iOS 11 and helps to get back your data without any loss.
Note: iOS Device Data Recovery is try-before-buy software, we cannot guarantee that it is 100% work to recover your deleted or lost WeChat messages, but it’s worth a try.
Additional Reading: How To Restore Deleted Tango Messages From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Steps To Recover Deleted WeChat Data from iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Fix iPhone Messages and Call History Missing Issue After Upgrading to iOS 9.2
- Top 3 Ways To Recover Data from a Dead iPhone
- 3 Ways To Recover Lost or Deleted Data From iPhone 7/7 Plus
- How To Recover Lost or Deleted Data From iPhone 8/8 Plus
Solution 2: Restore WeChat Messages From iCloud Backup
You can also restore WeChat messages if you have backed up it in iCloud or if you have turned ON automatic iCloud backup. You can use iCloud backup file to restore your WeChat Messages.
So, first let us know how to backup WeChat messages to iCloud.
How To Backup WeChat History To iCloud
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup in iOS 8 or later.
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup in iOS 7 or earlier.
- Click on Backup Now. Make sure that the backup process completed by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and then choose your iDevice. The backup you have created just now will appear with the time and file size.
- While performing this process, make sure your device connect with Wi-Fi network until the process complete and iCloud backup is turn on.
If your iCloud backup is TURNED ON then iCloud will automatically backup your device every day. But only if:
- Your device connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Device’s screen is lock
- Your device is connected to a power source
- You have enough space available in your iCloud for the backup
Now, below find out how to restore WeChat Chat History via iCloud Backup.
How To Restore WeChat Chat History Via iCloud Backup
- On your iOS device go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- This will bring you to the Hello or Set-up Screen. Simply follow the onscreen steps until you come to the “Apps & Data” screen. Here you must click on “Restore from iCloud”.
- Now log-in to your iCloud with same Apple ID that you have used to backup WeChat. Now look for the relevant Backup and then tap on it. This will restore your WeChat history from iCloud.
Note: Keep your device connected to Wi-Fi network until and unless the process of restore completes.
Additional Reading: iPhone Photos Disappeared From Camera Roll? Here’s What You Need To Do!
Solution 3: Restore WeChat Messages From iTunes Backup
If you have iTUnes backup that includes your deleted WeChat Messages, then you can easily get back your lost or deleted WeChat chat history from iTunes backup.
But before that you must first know how to backup WeChat Chat history to iTunes.
How To Backup WeChat Messages To iTunes
- Connect your iDevice to computer and open iTunes
- Now transfer the data that you have downloaded from iTunes or App store. To transfer files just click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. If you are using Windows computer and File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Now click on Backup Now. If you are using Windows computer then click File > Devices > Back up. If File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Once the backup process completes, you can now see the backup completed successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. There you can see the name of your device along with date and time that iTunes have created a backup.
Now once you have iTunes backup that have WeChat backup, then next follow the below steps to restore WeChat messages from iTunes backup.
How To Restore WeChat Messages Via iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes on your computer and then connect your iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) to computer with the help of USB cable.
- Select your iOS device when it appears in iTunes.
- Select the most relevant backup by looking at the date and size.
- Next click on “Restore”. Now you have to just wait for the restore process to get completed.
Note: Keep your iOS device connected to computer and until the restore process completes.
Additional Reading: How to Unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod Passcode Without Restore
Solution 4: Restore WeChat Messages on iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad from WeChat Backup
Below follow the simple steps to restore WeChat messages on iOS device from WeChat backup.
- Open WeChat App on your iPhone and tap on “Me” tab.
- Go to “Settings“, click “Chat” and tab “Chat History“.
- Tap “Backup/Restore Chat History” and click backup file and then click “Restore“.
Solution 5: Restore WeChat Chat History From Other iOS Devices
If you have backup your WeChat chat history to another iOS devices by turning ON WeChat log migration, then you can easily get back WeChat chat messages from other iOS device to which you have transferred the messages by using chat log migration.
Below find out how to restore WeChat messages from other iOS devices.
First Turn ON WeChat Migration:
Open WeChat on your device. Go to Settings > General> Chat Log Migration.
Now you can easily restore your deleted WeChat messages o your iOS device by simply transferring the messages from other iOS device.
Additional Reading: How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android To iPhone 6
Solution 6: Restore WeChat Messages Using WeChat For Desktop
If you are using desktop version of WeChat on your Windows PC or Mac computer and if you have backed up your WeChat Data, then you can easily restore WeChat messages from this back to your iOS device.
But before that let us know, how to backup WeChat on Windows or Mac.
How To Backup WeChat Messages Using WeChat For Desktop
- Download WeChat for Windows on your computer. Install it and log-in to your account. Scan the QR code with the WeChat App on your iPhone. Once, authorized you can now also chat with your friend from your PC.
- Now connect your iPhone to the computer in order to create a backup of the chat history for the desktop version.
- Next click on “More” icon from the WeChat window then click on “Backup and Restore” tab.
- Finally, click on “Back up on PC” button. This will save all the messages to the computer.
Now, once you have backup on your computer, you can now easily restore WeChat chat history from the computer backup to iPhone device.
Below, find out the steps.
How To Restore WeChat Messages Using WeChat For Desktop
- Open WeChat for Windows or Mac on your computer. Now connect your iPhone and computer to same Wi-Fi network.
- Next click on the icon located at the left corner of and then select “Backup and Restore”.
- Finally select “Restore on iPhone” in order to restore WeChat chat messages to the iPhone.
Note: However, if you want to backup and restore your iPhone WeChat Chat History to Windows PC or Mac computer, then the excellent third party software is iOS Data Backup And Restore software. This will make complete backup of your iOS device to computer and later you can use that backup file to restore them back to any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Here find out how iOS Data Backup and Restore work?
Additional Reading: How To Backup and Restore LINE Chat History on iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch
Tips To Avoid WeChat Data Loss on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Here are some of the essential tips that you need to follow to avoid iOS data loss in future. These tips are really helpful to prevent any type of data loss in future.
- Make a backup of all your data with iTunes or iCloud from your phone
- Always keep your device in safe place as your device can get snif and you may lose all your important data as well as phone.
- Before updating your device to its latest version, remember to keep a backup
- Setting password on your device is safe but you should write the password on some place so that you don’t have to face forgot password option.
So, these are the six solutions through which you can make a backup of your WeChat Chat history of your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) that will help you to restore your lost or deleted WeChat messages from the backup file. But in case, if you do not have backup, then you must use WeChat Data Recovery Tool mentioned in solution 1 to recover WeChat photos, videos, audio and other files if you delete/lose chat data or your iDevice get lost/stolen.