Recover Lost, Missing or Disappeared Data From iPhone/iPad After Upgrading It To iOS 10 /iOS 9.3!
Though made the full preparation for coming to iOS 9.3/10, still you may face data loss issue while upgrading your iPhone or iPad. So, if you have lost files or data is missing or disappeared on your iOS device after updating it to iOS 10 or 9.3 that you wish to recover, then this article is for you. In this article you will learn to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad after iOS 9.3/10 update.
However, the best method to recover lost, missing or disappeared data from iPhone or iPad after iOS 9.3/10 update is to try iOS Data Recovery software.
With the use of iOS Data Recovery software, one can:
- Easily recover lost, disappeared or missing data from iPhone or iPad after iOS 10/9.3 update.
- Also selectively restore data from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Retrieve data such as photos, videos, audio, contacts, text messages, WhatsApp messages, call history, voice memos, notes, documents, Safari bookmarks, etc.
- Preview recoverable files within preview screen of the software.
- Support all models of iPhone and iPad such as iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Mini/Air, etc.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Recover Lost or Missing Data From iPhone/iPad After iOS 10/9.3 Upgrade
The new iOS 10/9.3 upgrade came with a lot of cool features. This is the main reason why people are willing to try out the new iOS update. There are many iOS user who have tried this new update but end up losing their precious data.
Data loss is the common issue found while updating your device. After updating the device to latest version it may cause erasing your data like contacts, photos, videos, text messages and other iOS data.
For example, juts have a look at practical user scenario!
How to restore lost data from iPhone after iOS 9.3 update
I lost my data including contacts and calendars from my iPhone 6 plus after updating to iOS 9.3, I have an iTunes backup, but I can’t not find the lost data I wanted from iTunes back, whether I can get back my lost data from my iPhone? Anyone who can help, please?
– Original Post From IFIXIT
So, if you have lost your data while upgrading then you can recover iPhone/iPad data after iOS 10/9.3 update with the iTunes or iCloud backup. After restoring the backup you might get the iPhone data after iOS 9.3/10 update. So, no matter what happen and what is the reason behind the lost data after updating iPhone to iOS 9.3/10 you can still recover them.
Below follow the solutions to recover lost data from iPhone after iOS 9.3/10 update.
Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad After iOS 9.3/10 Upgrade In 3 Ways
To restore lost iPhone data after updating to iOS 10/9.3.3 you got three different ways – “Recover Data from iTunes Backup File”, “Recover iPhone lost data from iCloud backup”, and “Directly Scan and Restore Data from iPhone after iOS 9.3/10 update”.
Part 1: Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad via iCloud Backup After iOS 9.3/10 Update
If you have backed up your data on iCloud before upgrading your device then with the help of this guide you can easily restore the backup and recover lost data.
To restore you’re lost or deleted data back in your device from an iCloud Backup, just follow the given simple steps.
Step 1: When you switch on your device you will find a “Hello Screen.” If you don’t find a setup screen, then you need to delete all its contents. Now follow the onscreen setup step till you get to Apps & Data Screen and click on “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
Step 2: If you are need to sign-in unto your Apple ID. Select a backup and stay connect to Wi-Fi network till the process gets over.
It is easy to use and restore all the data from the backup
You don’t need to connect your device with PC.
You cannot selectively recover the lost data. You have to restore the entire backup file though you have lost only few files.
Part 2: Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad via iTunes Backup After iOS 9.3/10 Update
If you have created the backup in iTunesbefore updating your iPhone/iPad, then you need to restore the data from iTunes backup.
To restore iTunes backup simply follow the given steps.
Step 1: Start launching iTunes on your computer which you used to create the backup and connect your device. Choose the when it appears on the screen and choose “Restore Backup”
Step 2: Now choose the relevant backup and hit on “Restore.” Ensure that your device is connected throughout the whole process.
The data is easily recoverable as long it is in the backup.
It is very easy to use and you need to connect the device to PC computer and launch iTunes
It doesn’t let selective recovery
Part 3: Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad After iOS 9.3/10 Update Without Backup
If you don’t have backup of your iPhone/iPad to iCloud or iTunes, then in such situation it is highly suggested that you must try professional iOS Data Recovery which is appropriate iOS 9.3/10 Data Recovery software that will help you to recover lost, missing or disappeared data from iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud backup.
This iOS 10 Data Recovery software recover lost data such as contacts, text messages, photos, videos, audio, notes, call logs, voice memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents, Safari bookmarks and much more.
Below follow the steps to recover lost or disappeared data from iPhone/iPad after iOS 10/9.3 update by using iOS Data Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- iTunes “Invalid Response” Error in iOS 10- How to Fix?
- Simple Steps To Remove/Reinstall Built-In (Stock) Apps In iOS 10
- Top 10 Tricks to Reduce iPhone’s Mobile Data Usage in iOS 10
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working After iOS 10.3 Update- Complete Guide to Fix It
Steps To Recover Lost Data From iPhone After iOS 9.3/10 Update
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Tips To Avoid Data Loss From iPhone/iPad
Losing data from iOS Devices is a really an unpleasant incident particularly for those who rely on iPhone or iPad for business. Because losing important data always cost you lots of time and money to get it recovered. So, here are some tips that you can follow to avoid iOS data loss in future:
- At the time when you want to delete files from iOS devices, just check the files twice carefully that the files you are deleting are the exact one.
- Always backup your data on a regular basis by syncing your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
- Make a habit of keeping the backup of your iOS device data to iTunes or iCloud every time before you update your device to new iOS version.
- Most of the users go for jailbreak. Hence, it is important to note that when you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod then do it in a proper way. Or else you may lose data of that iOS device.
- While you are in crowds of people you must remember to pay attention to keep your iOS device in a safe place.
- As there are no specific reasons for White Apple logo of death. So it is suggested that you must be careful while installing any app on your iOS device.
- If you have set the password to lock your iOS device then it is important to write down the password and keep it in a safe place.
- While you perform restore factory settings you should remember to backup your iOS Device.