Learn 3 Methods To Retrieve Lost iPhone Data After Restoring To Factory Reset!
Summary: Can iPhone data be recovered after reset? If you have restored your iPhone to factory settings and lost data and wish to recover lost iPhone data after factory reset, then do not worry. This page introduces 3 different solutions that will help you to recover lost data from iPhone after reset. Just go through the solutions and restore your data back.
Tip: One of the best solutions to extract data from iPhone after performing factory reset is to use world’s first and most popular iPhone Data Recovery software.
With iPhone Data Recovery software, you can:
- Recover lost, missing, deleted, disappeared data from iPhone after factory reset.
- Retrieve files such as photos, videos, audio, contacts, text SMS, call logs, WhatsApp messages, notes, voice memos, calendar, reminder, documents, etc from iPhone after factory reset.
- Extract iPhone data after factory reset without backup. Also selectively restore files from iTunes and iCloud backup after restoring iPhone to factory settings.
- Support all models of iPhone such as iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus, etc running on iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.
Download iPhone Data Recovery Tool To Recover Lost iPhone Data After Factory Reset
Let us start with real user practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: User Lost Data From iPhone 7 After Factory Reset
How to Recover Data from iPhone 7 after factory reset
Hi, I am wondering how to recover data from iPhone 7 after factory reset. For some reasons, i did factory reset on my iPhone 7, some precious photos, text messages, WhatsApp messages, etc. are gone. How to recover them? Free tools are most welcome. Thanks a lot.
– Original Post From IFIXIT
Well, there could be several reasons for which you need to restore your iPhone to factory settings such as when your iPhone get stuck in recovery mode, Apple Logo, black/white/red screen, DFU mode, and so on.
But after making your iPhone run to restored factory setting status, it may causes you lost data on your iPhone and this data you don’t want to lose forever. That moment is very irritating and then you realize – how to recover iPhone lost data after restored iPhone to factory setting?
But before we dive into the solutions part, let us know few things that you must do before performing factory reset of your iPhone?
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost Data After Factory Resetting Your iPhone 6S / 6S Plus
What To Do Before Doing iPhone Factory Reset?
Before your perform factory reset of your iPhone, it is strongly recommended that you must back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, if you really don’t want to lose your important data.
Below follow the links to backup iPhone Data to iTunes or iCloud.
However, the best method to backup iPhone data is to use iOS Backup & Restore software. It will allow you to backup iPhone data to computer and later you can use that backup file to selectively restore files from it to any iPhone.
Here learn the steps to backup iPhone data to computer via iOS Backup and Restore program.
Alright, so now after backing up your iPhone data, it’s time to learn the 3 different methods to recover lost iPhone data after factory reset.
Solution 1: Extract Lost iPhone Data After Factory Reset Via iTunes Backup
If you have iTunes backup of your iPhone then you can easily retrieve lost data of your iPhone after factory reset from the iTunes backup.
Below follow the steps to extract data from iTunes backup:
- Open iTunes on PC or Mac that you have used earlier to back up your device and then connect your iOS device to computer with the help of USB cable.
- If a message asks for your device to trust this computer or passcode, then simply follow the onscreen steps. If you have forgotten the passcode, then get help here.
- Now select your iPhone as it appears in iTunes.
- Go to Summary tab and then click on “Restore Backup”.
- Now look for the relevant backup file. You can check the date and time to select the most relevant backup file.
- Finally click on “Restore” button and simply wait for process to get complete.
Keep your device connected to computer after it restart and wait for it to synchronize with your computer.
Note: The free iTunes restore method erases all current contents of the iPhone and it all gets replaced with your iTunes backup files which is really a drawback of this iTunes restore solution.
Additional Reading: How to use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings
Solution 2: Restore Lost iPhone Data After Factory Reset Via iCloud Backup
If you have iCloud backup of your iPhone then you can easily retrieve lost data of your iPhone after factory reset from the iCloud backup.
Below follow the steps to extract data from iTunes backup:
- On your iOS device go to Settings > General > Reset > then tap on “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- After erasing all the contents from the iPhone, you have to now set-up the device as new one.
- Turn ON your iPhone and follow the onscreen steps until you reach Apps & Data screen.
- Tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup” and then Sign-in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
- Note: Sign-in with the same ID that you have used to backup your data to iCloud.
- After this the restore process will begin. Simply stay connected and wait for the process to get complete.
After the completion of the process, you will see that all your lost data re-appear on your iPhone.
Note: Just like iTunes restore, restoring iPhone from iCloud backup also erases all current contents of the iPhone and it all gets replaced with your iCloud backup files which is really a drawback of this iCloud restore solution.
Additional Reading: How To Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone Without Restore
Now the question arises – how to recover lost data from iPhone after factory reset without backup?
Well, below is the solution for your question.
Solution 3: Recover Lost iPhone Data After Factory Reset Without Backup
What, if you restore your iPhone to factory setting and you don’t have any backup (iTunes or iCloud) of your iPhone data?
Well, in that case, the only option which is left with you is to use reliable and professional iPhone Data Recovery software to directly recover lost iPhone data after factory reset without backup.
The software will scan your iPhone and retrieve every single files such as photos, videos, audio, contacts, text SMS, call logs, WhatsApp messages, notes, voice memos, calendar, reminder, documents, safari bookmark and many other files from iPhone after factory reset.
The data recovery software from iPhone support all iPhone models such as iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus/5/5C/4/SE/ 6/6 Plus/5S/4S/3GS running on iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7/6.
Below from the complete step-by-step guide on how to recover lost data after restoring iPhone to factory reset by using iPhone data recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID and Restore Lost Data
- How Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From iPhone?
- How To Recover Data From iPhone Without iTunes or iCloud Backup
- Solved iOS Update Error: iPhone Attempting Data Recovery on iOS 11/10
Steps To Recover Lost Data After Restoring iPhone To Factory Reset
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
So, those were three solutions that will help you to recover lost or missing data from iPhone after factory reset. If you have iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone then you can use that backup files to restore your iPhone data, but in case if you don’t have any backup, then it is highly recommended that you must try iPhone Data Recovery software to retrieve lost data from iPhone after factory reset without backup.