If you keep on providing incorrect passcode, you iPhone/iPod/iPad will be disabled and you will cme across a message as “[Device] is disabled, connect to iTunes”, “iPhone is disabled try again in 22,312,198 minutes”. Now there is no option left with you apart from factory reset and doing this will erase all you amassed data therefore primarily you must restore your entire data and most prominent tool for this purpose is iOS recovery software.
- Recover calendar, notes, messages, call log, memo, call history, etc.
- You can also retrieve lost media files as videos, photos, audio, etc.
- Restore browsing history, Facebook messages and WhatsApp chat history.
On setting passcode to secure your iPad, iPhone or iPod, you must remember it cautiously because on entering wrong code, your gadget will be locked permanently.
When you insert a wrong passcode, your iDevice will turn out to a completely red screen and you will obtain messages as underneath:
- 1-5 incorrect passcode attempts: No problem.
- 6 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 1 minute.
- 7 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 5 minutes.
- 8 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 15 minutes.
- 9 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 60 minutes.
- 10 incorrect attempts: “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes” or iPhone is completely erased if Erase Data is turned on in Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode (or Settings -> Passcode for iPhones without Touch ID).
How to Backup your iDevices using iCloud or iTunes
If you have a backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod then you will have the option to recover your deleted, lost or missing data. Below find out how to create a backup of your iDevice by using iCloud or iTunes:
1 – Create a Backup by using iCloud
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup in iOS 8 or later
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup in iOS 7 or earlier
- Click on Backup Now. Make sure that the backup process completed by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and then choose your iDevice. The backup you have created just now will appear with the time and file size.
- While performing this process, make sure your device is connected with Wi-Fi network until the process complete and iCloud backup is turned on.
If your iCloud backup is switch on then iCloud will automatically backup your device every day. But only if:
- Your device is connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Device’s screen is locked
- Your device is connected to a power source
- You have enough space available in your iCloud for the backup
2 – Create a Backup by using iCloud
- Connect your iDevice to computer and open iTunes
- Now transfer the data that you have downloaded from iTunes or App store. To transfer files just click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. If you are using Windows computer and File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Now click on Backup Now. If you are using Windows computer then click File > Devices > Back up. If File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Once the backup process completes, you can now see the backup completed successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. There you can see the name of your device along with date and time that iTunes have created a backup.
So, these are the two methods through which you can make a backup of your iOS Device that will help you to restore your photos, videos, notes, messages, contacts, audio and other files if you delete/lose data or your iDevices get lost/stolen.
Reasons that Leads to iOS Data Loss
iOS Data loss has become a common problem we always face. But what are those common reasons, well find out the reasons that lead to iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) data loss:
- Virus infection– One of the common reasons which can erase your data from your device is due to malware infection.
- During upgrade of iOS– Many times while upgrading your device, data loss happens which users don’t realize it.
- Device gets damage– Yet another reason for data loss. When your device gets damage then also loss of data happens
- Replacing battery– All your flash memory in iOS device is engage without power. So there is a chance to lose your important data when battery is remove from your device.
- Unintentionally deletion of data– Mistakenly deleting the data is one of the main reason to lose your data. Many times users don’t want some data so they delete it and meanwhile they delete those data also which they don’t want to delete.
So, these are some common reasons due to which iOS device users may lose data. But you can still restore your iPhone, iPad and iPod data with the help of iOS device Recovery Tool.
About iOS Device Recovery Tool
iOS Device Recovery Tool easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod. It can recover contacts, text messages, photos, videos, notes, documents and even safari bookmarks. Also helpful to recover data loss due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc.
It also allows you to preview the files of recovered data within the application before final recovery. So, what are you waiting for just download and install this powerful iDevice Data recovery software for free and restore back all data what you have lost.
Steps to Recover Deleted Data from iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
At first, there is a need to launch dr.fone toolkit on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, to your computer. Now click on “Data Recovery” and select “Recover from iOS Device” option.
Tips: Before you run dr.fone, you should to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don’t launch iTunes when dr.fone toolkit is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
Step 2: Scan Your Device for Lost Data on It
Now simply click the “Start Scan” button to start this program scan your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to scan for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device. During the scanning process, if you notice that the data you are looking for is present there, then you can click the “Pause” button in order to stop the process.
Step 3: Preview the Scanned Data
The scan will take some time. Once it’s finish, you can see a scan result that appears by the program. The lost and previous data on your device displays in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to swipe the option “Only display the deleted items” to ON. By clicking the file type in the left side, you can preview the found data. You can then see there is a search box on the top right of the window. There, you can search for a specific file by typing a keyword in the search box.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the “Recover” button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer. As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to “Recover to Computer” or “Recover to Device”. If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click “Recover to Device”.
Wrong passcode is use by many iOS users due to which they suffer from data loss, their phone gets block and they cannot able to unlock it. Therefore you should be careful every time when you use your device. So always handle your device carefully and whenever you lose your data then use professional tool to get back all your data.