Summary: If you have accidentally deleted or lost notes on your iPad that you wish to recover but do not have any idea? Then read this blog post that offers 3 ways to recover deleted or lost Notes From iPad.
The direct solution to retrieve disappeared or deleted notes on iPad is to try expert recommended iOS Device Recovery Tool. It will help you to:
- Restore deleted notes from iPad.
- Besides notes, it also helps you to recover voice memos, voicemails, audio, etc from iPad.
- Retrieve notes and other files from iPhones.
- Support notes recovery from iPad Pro, iPad 2017, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iPad Air, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 2, iPad Wi-Fi, etc.
Lets Us Start With Real User Example:
Recovering deleted notes on iPad
I just looked at my “Notes” app on my iPad, and one of my notes has vanished. It’s about a year’s worth of work. Is there any way I can recover it? It’s gone from my iPhone as well.
– Original Post From Official Apple Support Communities
That was just one example, similarly, there are many users out there who encounter loss of notes from iPad. But you do not need to worry about it. Below, we have mentioned 3 ways for recovering deleted notes on/from iPad.
- Restore Deleted Notes from “Recently Deleted” on iPad
- Recover Deleted/Lost Notes From iPad Backups
- Retrieve Deleted Notes From iPad Without Backup
1. Restore Deleted Notes from “Recently Deleted” on iPad
In order to recover recently deleted notes within the Notes app, simply follow the below mentioned steps.
Note: This solution is only available for iOS 9 users.
- Open Notes app on your iPad.
- Click on “Recently Deleted” folder as shown in the image below.
- Here you will see all the notes that you deleted in the past 30 days. Click on Edit to restore notes.
- Note: You will not be able to recover notes that were deleted before 30 days.
- Select the Notes/Notes that you want back and then tap on “Move To”.
- Select the folder in which you want to move the Notes.
Additional Reading: [TIPS]- Complete Guide to Transfer iPhone Notes to Computer in Easy Way
2. Recover Deleted/Lost Notes From iPad Backups
If you have synced or backed-up notes into your iCloud and iTunes backup, then you can easily retrieve the specific notes that you lost. For this you have to take help of iOS Data Recovery software. This is professional and perfect software that is designed to recover data from iOS devices.
i) Restore Deleted Notes from iCloud Backup
If you have backed-up notes on your iCloud backup, then iOS Device Recovery tool can help you to retrieve particular lost notes.
Here how to do this:
- Install iOS Device Recovery tool on your computer and launch the software and click on “Recover From iCloud Backup file”. Next, login to your iCloud account.
- After logging into iCloud account, you will see all available iCloud backup files. Select the notes that you want back and then click on “Next” button.
- The software will pop-up another window, here you have to select the type of files that you want to download. In this case, select “Notes” and click on “Next” button.
- All the Notes that you have backed-up in the iCloud will displayed in the next window. Now, select the notes that you want and then click on “Recover” button.
You can directly save the recoverable Notes on your iPad as long as it is connected to your computer or else, you can save the notes on your computer itself.
Additional Reading: Methods to Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
ii) Restore Deleted/Lost iPad Notes from iTunes Backup
Way 1: By Using iOS Device Recovery Tool
In the same way you can recover deleted, disappeared or missing specific notes from your iTunes Backup by using iOS Device Recovery tool.
Here how to do this:
- Install iOS Device Recovery tool on your computer and launch the software and click on “Recover From iTunes Backup file”. After this select the iTunes Backup to scan and then click on “Start Scan”.
- Once, the scanning process get complete, all the backed-up data to your iTunes will get displayed.
- Select the Notes that you want to retrieve and click on “Recover” button. You can then select the destination path to save your recoverable notes on your iPad or computer.
Additional Reading: Recover iPhone Notes from iPhone after iOS 9 Jailbreaking on Windows/Mac
Way 2: Without Using iOS Device Recovery Tool
If you have made an iTunes backup of your notes before deleting them on your iPad, then it is likely that you can recover deleted notes from iTunes backups without using iOS Device Recovery Tool.
Here how to do this:
- Connect your iPad to computer with the help of USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and wait for iTunes to recognize your iPad.
- Once recognized, select the device and choose Restore Backup.
- Once the Restore Backup process gets completed, your notes will be restored on your iPad.
Additional Reading: How Can I Extract Notes From An iTunes Backup Without iPhone?
3. Retrieve Deleted Notes From iPad Without Backup
What if you don’t have any backup of your deleted notes – neither in iCloud backup nor in iTunes backup?
Even in that case also, iOS Device Recovery Tool will help you. It is very powerful and it is very well designed to recover deleted/lost/disappeared or missing iPad notes without backups.
Here how to recover deleted iPad Notes without backup:
- Install iOS Device Recovery tool on your computer and launch the software on your computer and then connect your iPad to your computer with USB cable. The software will detect your device and will display the option “Recover From iOS Device”.
- By default you can see that software has selected all file types. You must deselect all file types except Notes and then click on “Start Scan”.
- Once the scanning process gets complete, you will be able to preview recoverable notes within the software. After this, select the Note/Notes that you want back and then click “Recover” button. You can then select “Recover to device” or “Recover to computer” to save recoverable note files.
So that was the 3 ways through which you can easily get back your deleted notes on/from iPad. It is always suggested that you must backup your important files. But in case, if you forget to keep backup of your notes, then you must immediately apply iOS device recovery tool.