Restore Lost Data From iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch After iOS 10 Update!
Summary: Data lost on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after updating to iOS 10 update? Photos, videos, contacts, messages or other data is missing or disappeared on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after iOS 10 update? Just Chill! In this guide you will learn few effective manual and software solutions that will help you to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after iOS 10 update.
However, one of the best ways to recover lost data from iOS device after iOS 10 update is to use iOS Data Recovery software.
With the use of iOS Data Recovery software, one can:
- Directly recover lost, missing or disappeared data from iPhone or iPad after iOS 10 update without iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Restore file types such as photos, videos, music, contacts, text SMS, voice memos, notes, calendars, Safari bookmarks, documents and much more.
- Selectively extract data from iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Preview recoverable files within software before final recovery.
- Support all models of iPhone and iPod touch.
- 100% read-only program, safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Download iOS 10 Data Recovery Tool
At WWDC 2016 conference, Apple proudly announced its iOS 10. According to Apple this is the biggest release of iOS ever. The latest released has brought lot of new surprises which enhance the convenience of daily use.
This new release is to make user’s life easier, quicker and enjoyable. By looking at its amazing feature you can’t wait to try out the latest iOS version. No matter user are using iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPad or iPod touch they are willing to upgrade their device from iOS 8 or iOS 9 to iOS 10.
Additional Reading: Solved: AirDrop Not Showing Up In iOS Control Center on iPhone
However, be careful while updating your iPhone/iPad/iPod to the latest version of iOS 10 as it might cause data loss. Many users have lost their important data such as contacts, video, messages, photos, notes, calendars, reminders and more from their iOS devices after upgrading it to iOS 10.
For real user example, just check out the below practical scenario!
IOS 10.2 update deleted all videos
just upgraded my iPad to the release 10.2. The video folder is now gone and replaced with a TV folder. All my videos are now gone on my iPad.
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
So, if you want to update iOS 10 without data loss then make sure you have a backup of your data before update. Everyone is interested in the new coming iOS 10 and wants to try out its new feature but be cautious. Want to recover lost data due to iOS 10 upgrade? Did you lost some of your iOS data after iOS 10 upgrade? Disaster comes when you least expect them.
Want to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch data after upgrading to iOS 10?
Just Relax! Follow the solutions mentioned-below!
Additional Reading: Solved iOS Update Error: iPhone Attempting Data Recovery on iOS 11/10
Part 1: Directly Recover Lost Data From iOS Device After iOS 10 Update
iOS Data Recovery is the professional iOS 10 Data Recovery software that will help you to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch after iOS 10 upgrade.
With the help of this program, you can easily restore lost and deleted data such as photos, videos, audio, contacts, call history, text messages, notes, voice memos, calendar, reminders, Safari bookmarks, documents and much more from iOS device after iOS 10 update without backup.
This iOS 10 Data Recovery software can even extract lost data from iTunes and iCloud backup.
Below follow the steps to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch data after iOS 10 update by using iOS Data Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working After iOS 10.3 Update- Complete Guide to Fix It
- Top 7 Ways to Fix Unable to Verify Update Error in iOS 10 & 10.1
- [Issue Solved]: iPhone Deleted Photos By Itself
- How To Recover Lost Data From iPhone After Factory Reset?
Steps To Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch After iOS 10 Update
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Additional Reading: How To Recover iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data From iCloud Backup
Part 2: Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data Via iCloud Backup After iOS 10 Update
If you have backed up your data on iCloud before upgrading your device then with the help of this guide you can easily restore the backup and recover lost data.
To restore you’re lost or deleted data back in your device from an iCloud Backup, just follow the given simple steps.
Step 1: When you switch on your device you will find a “Hello Screen.” If you don’t find a setup screen, then you need to delete all its contents. Now follow the onscreen setup step till you get to Apps & Data Screen and click on “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
Step 2: If you are needed to sign-in unto your Apple ID. Select a backup and stay connected to Wi-Fi network till the process gets completed.
- It is easy to use and restore all the data from the backup.
- You don’t need to connect your device with PC.
- You cannot selectively recover the lost data. You have to restore the entire backup file though you have lost only few files.
Additional Reading: iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
Part 3: Extract iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data Via iTunes Backup After iOS 10 Update
If you have created the backup in iTunes, then you need to restore the data from iTunes backup.
To restore iTunes backup simply follow the given steps.
Step 1: Start launching iTunes on your computer which you used to create the backup and connect your device. Choose the when it appears on the screen and choose “Restore Backup”
Step 2: Now choose the relevant backup and hit on “Restore.” Ensure that your device is connected throughout the whole process.
- The data is easily recoverable as long it is in the backup.
- It is very easy to use and you need to connect the device to PC computer and launch iTunes.
- It doesn’t let selective recovery.
Additional Reading: iOS 11 Data Recovery: Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad on iOS 11
Tips To Avoid iOS Data Loss
Losing data from iOS Devices is a really an unpleasant incident particularly for those who rely on iPhone or iPad for business. Because losing important data always cost you lots of time and money to get it recovered. So, here are some tips that you can follow to avoid iOS data loss in future:
- At the time when you want to delete files from iOS devices, just check the files twice carefully that the files you are deleting are the exact one.
- Always backup your data on a regular basis by syncing your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
- Make a habit of keeping the backup of your iOS device data to iTunes or iCloud every time before you update your device to new iOS version.
- Most of the users go for jailbreak. Hence, it is recommended that when you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod then do it in a proper way, or else you may lose data of that iOS device.
- While you are in crowds of people you must remember to pay attention to keep your iOS device in a safe place.
- As there are no specific reasons for White Apple logo of death, it is suggested that you must be careful while installing any app on your iOS device.
- If you have set the password to lock your iOS device then it is suggested that you must write down the password and keep it in a safe place to prevent forgetting the password.
- While you perform restore factory settings you should remember to backup your iOS Device.
After reading the tutorial guide mentioned above, I hope you have successfully able to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after iOS 10 update. However, it is highly recommended that you must try iOS Data Recovery software in the absence of iTunes or iCloud backup.