Learn 2 Methods And Their Easiest Step By Step Guide To Send Group Text SMS On iPhone!
Summary: Want to send group text messages or iMessages from your iPhone? Don’t have any idea on how to send group messages on your iPhone? Just Relax! In this tutorial you will learn the 2 easy methods and their steps to send group text messages from iPhone.
Messaging is a very easy task to do when you need to send SMS to a group of friends if you want to send a text message to just a handful of contacts but it can be a hectic task if you want to send that message to 25 contacts or more than that. Adding each of them could be a time taking process.
For example, just check out user practical scenario!
How can I make a group message on the iPhone 6?
I contact several groups regularly. How can I create a group message in the iPhone 6?
– Original Post From iMore Forums
Similarly, there are several iPhone users who all are seeking for the help on how to send group text messages from iPhone.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s find out the 2 methods to group message on iPhone.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Deleted or Lost iMessages From iPhone
Method 1: How To Send Group Messages On iPhone Via Connect App
As always solution of this problem is also available in the app store. Here is the all necessary steps on how to text message a group of contacts on iPhone. For this you need to download the application called Connect from the app store.
Before start sending messages to a group you will need to create groups of contacts first. Remember the message is sent as Group MMS, even if recipients have iMessage enable. So you need to completely make sure of your mobile plan that is it for MMS messaging also or not and find out whether your carrier is charging extra money for sending MMS. In US it is free of cost.
1) First of all download and install Connect app from the app store and launch the app to access your contacts.
2) From the list view select the contact group to which you want to send your text message.
3) Select and hold your finger on the group name.
4) Now you will offered with several options among that select for the Message option.
5) In the group all contacts are automatically checked. This means all contacts in this group are set to receive the group message by default. You can also do uncheck to some contacts if you do not want some of them to be part of the group text. When all tasks gets completed click OK option.
If the contact has numbers of phone numbers listed under that, the app will allow you to check which one to use by default, and it will remember what phone number to use in the future for sending group messages.
6) A new Group MMS window will appear on your screen. Now type your message and click the Send option.
7) If you want to add to this conversation after sending the initial message, you can directly go the Messages app where your group message will be. Replies from your contacts will be added to this conversation and in future you will be able to text directly from there.
Once you get in the group conversation, you can’t remove yourself from it; neither you can remove someone else from the conversation. For removing someone you will have to start a new group text.
Alternatively, follow another method to send group SMS on your iPhone.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Retrieve Text Messages From iPhone With Broken Screen
- How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android To iPhone 6
- Solved: iPhone Deleting Messages By Itself
- How To Print Out Text Messages or iMessages From iPhone
- How to Fix iMessage Cannot Send or Receive Messages
Method 2: Another Simple Way To Send Group SMS On iPhone
These messages also displayed in green bubbles and it gostrough your carrier. Let me tell you that group messages does not support multimedia attachments such as photos, videos or audio. Beside that all responses in a Group SMS are sent separately and recipient will not be able to see the responses of others from the group.
Here follow the steps to send Group SMS:
- On your iPhone open Message app and then tap on “Compose” icon to start a new message.
- Enter the recipient name or simply tap on “Plus” icon to add contacts.
- Type your text messages and then tap “Send” icon.
If you want to send group MMS messages, then make sure that MMS Messaging is turned ON. To do so, go to Settings > Messages and Turn ON MMS Messaging.
Those were the two methods that you can apply to send group text messages from your iPhone. You can make your own choice and follow any one of the methods to send group SMS on your iPhone.