Learn Three Effective Methods To Retrieve/Extract Data From Dead or Broken iPad!
Summary: There are many iPad users who are looking a solution for “How can I retrieve data from a dead iPad”, “How can I retrieve data from a broken iPad”, or “how to recover photos, videos, contacts, text messages from dead iPad without backup”. So, if this is the case with you then don’t worry. In this article you are going to learn top 3 methods to recover data from dead iPad with ease by using iPad Data Recovery Tool. Only one thing you have to make sure that your iPad is getting switched ON.
With help of Dead iPad Data recovery Software, you can:
- Extract inaccessible files from dead iPad.
- Retrieve files such as photos, videos, audio, contacts, call history, notes, voice memo, calendar, WhatsApp and so on.
- Also retrieve data from broken smashed, crashed, water damaged, screen locked iPad.
- Retrieve data from dead iPhone and iPod touch as well.
- Support all models of iPad including iPad Pro, New iPad, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad 4/3/2, iPad Mini/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad with Retina Display and so on.
Free Download Dead iPad Data Recovery Tool
For many iPad users, the most frustrating situation is when their iPad is dead or broken. When such thing happens then the entire data is lost from iPad.
For example, just check out the real practical scenario of a user!
Is there any way to get photos/video from dead I-Pad?
It’s dead. The Apple store says it’s the ‘Logic Module”. As I understand it, all my photos/videos are stored on an internal flash drive which backs up to the cloud during charging. Is there any way to bust into this thing and access the memory where the photos were stored and get them out? This thing died when I plugged it in to charge and back-up, just after the delivery of my 2nd grand baby! No backup to the cloud!
– Original Post From IFIXIT
Therefore many users want to know about how to recover those data from dead iPad? Some of the user knows that the deleted data can be restored from iTunes backup with another iOS device. When such situation happens then saving data becomes very important and urgent.
It is known that iTunes backup is not viewed or accessed from iPad and if you want to recover the lost data from broken iPad then using third party recovery software will help to extract the iTunes backup and all the data can be retrieved. But what to do when there is no iTunes backup? In this guide, you will get to know about how to recover data from dead iPad.
Number of reasons could be responsible for turning your iPad dead such as deadly virus attack, physical damage, software malfunction, etc. But do not be worried because it is not that hard with iOS Device Recovery Tool to Recover Data from Dead iPad.
Additional Reading: Top 3 Ways To Recover Data from a Dead iPhone
What Makes iPad Dead And How We Lose Data From iPad
- Hardware or software Malfunction – This is another reason of data loss. The hardware or software malfunction can take place when you drop your iPhone, iPad or iPod on the ground, interruption while charging the device or replacing the battery casually.
- Virus/Malware Attack – Virus/Malware attack is one of the prime factors that can easily corrupt stored data on your iDevices. Hackers making more and more iOS-based virus and malware to gain remote access of other people iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Even the best anti-virus programs are not able to detect them.
- Software corruption – your iDevice may suffer software corruption and an app might shut down unexpectedly while you are using it and as a result, you may encounter data loss. Sometimes, anti-virus or other security apps can cause software corruption of your iOS device.
- Accidental Deletion of Data – Sometimes, we accidentally delete data by pressing the wrong button. While deleting unwanted files we click on “Delete All” button and thereby we lose our important data as well.
- Other Reasons – Other reasons such as performing restore factory settings, improper jailbreak of iDevices, downgrade or upgrade of iOS, etc can lead to data loss.
Therefore, it is suggested that you must keep a backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. But if you do not have any backup then you have to look for a way to recover data from dead iPad. iPad Data Recovery Tool for Windows/Mac will allow you to recover your inaccessible, lost or deleted data directly from your iDevices.
So, now the question arises – How to recover data from dead iPad without backup? How to recover data from dead iPad from iTunes or iCloud backup?
Find out the 3 methods to recover lost or inaccessible data from dead iPad with or without backup!
Additional Reading: How To Fix A Dead iPhone 4S And Recover Data From It
Methods To Recover Data From Dead iPad With/Without Backup
iPad Data Recovery which is reliable Dead iPad Data Recovery Software easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This is the perfect software for recovering data from dead iPad.
It can recover contacts, text messages, photos, videos, notes, call logs, memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents and even safari bookmarks. It can recover data that has lost due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc.
The recovery software for Dead iPad is available separately for both Windows and Mac and comes with a user-friendly interface so that anybody can easily operate it. It also allows you to preview the files of recovered data within the application before final recovery. So, what are you waiting for just download and install this powerful Dead iPad Data recovery software for free and restore back all data what you have lost.
Benefits of Using iPad Data Recovery Software
- Recover deleted data directly from iPad – This tool easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- Support different kind of data recovery – The software is capable to recover Contacts, Messages, Notes, Reminder, App videos, Call history, WhatsApp History, Safari Bookmark, Voice Memo, Camera Roll, App Documents, etc.
- Recover Data from iTunes Backup – It also recovers the previously deleted data from iTunes backup. So, if you have deleted any data from iTunes backup and want to restore it then you can sue this software.
- Restore data from iCloud Backup – Similarly, it also retrieve previously lost/deleted data from iCloud Backup as it is in the case of iTunes backup.
- Preview Option – This iPad Data Recovery allow you to preview the files within the software before final recovery. It save user’s valuable time as it helps to select appropriate file for recovery.
- Easy to use – It comes with user friendly interface and therefore anybody can operate this software to recover deleted data from iPad as well as from iPhone and iPod Touch.
Below follow the steps to recover data from dead iPad with or without backup by using iPad Data Recovery Tool.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Broken iPhone Data Recovery: Recover Data From Broken iPhone
- Here’s How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode [4 Solutions]
- How To Fix Red Screen of Death of iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- How To Recover Lost or Inaccessible Data from Bricked iPhone
Method 1: Steps To Directly Recover Data From Dead iPad Without Backup
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Additional Reading: How To Retrieve Text Messages From iPhone With Broken Screen
Method 2: Steps To Extract Data From Dead iPad With iTunes Backup
Step 1: Select Recovery Mode
At first, launch iOS Data Recovery, connect your iOS device to computer and then click on "Recover" from the available option.
Then select "Recover iOS Data".
After this, you will see the options for data recovery. Select "Recover from iTunes Backup File". And then, the iTunes backup recovery tool will detect all iTunes backup files on your computer and display them in the specific window. You can then confirm which one you need according to the date it has been created.
Step 2: Scan Data from iTunes Backup File
Next you have to choose the iTunes backup file that contains the data you want to retrieve and then click "Start Scan". This will take a few minutes to extract all data from the iTunes backup file.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Data from iTunes Backup
You will see that after just a few seconds, all the data in the backup file will be extracted and displayed in categories. With this, you can then easily preview them one by one before recovery. After this, you can mark and recover those data you want by pressing the "Recover" button at the bottom. Now notes, contacts and messages can directly be recovered to your iOS device when you keep your iOS device connected with your computer through a USB cable during the recovery process.
Tips: How to Recover Data if iTunes backup file is located somewhere else
If your iTunes backup file comes from somewhere such as from another computer with a USB drive, then in such case how you can recover content from it?
Here is the way. When you are at step 1, click "Select" under the list of iTunes backup files and you can easily browse the iTunes backup files on your computer no matter where you place it.
After this in the pop-up window, preview and choose your iTunes backup file and then click "Start Scan" and thereafter continue with step 2.
Additional Reading: iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
Method 3: Steps To Retrieve Data From Dead iPad With iCloud Backup
Step 1: Select Recovery Mode
After running iOS Data Recovery, connect your iOS device to computer and click on "Recover" from the available options.
Then click on Recover iOS Data.
After this, you will see the options for data recovery. Select "Recover from iCloud Backup File". Then you will see the window below – here you have to enter your iCloud account and password to login.
Note: iOS Data recovery takes privacy very seriously. The software never keeps any information of your Apple account or content at any time.
Step 2: Download iCloud Backup File
In the next step, when you logged into iCloud, the program can find all iCloud backup files in your account. Now select the backup files that you want to retrieve and click on the "Download" button.
After this, in the pop-up, you can select the type of files you would like to download. This will reduce the time of downloading the iCloud backup file. Then, you can easily scan the iCloud content. After this, click on "Next" button to start scanning process. This will take some time.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Data from iCloud Backup File
The process of scanning will be completed in a few minutes. After it stops scanning, you can preview all data in your iCloud backup file such as photos, messages, contacts and more. Now you have to check them one by one and tick the item you want to retrieve. Now click on the "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to your device" button to save them on your computer or your device with one click.
After this, photos, contacts, messages and notes can be directly recovered to your iOS device if your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is connected with your computer via a USB cable during the recovery process.
Tips: Directly Preview and Recover Data From Previous Downloaded iCloud Backup Files
If you have previously downloaded iCloud backup files, then you don't have to log-in and download the iCloud backup file again. Simply, click on “To preview and scan previously downloaded iCloud backup file" listed just below the account sign-in entrance.
After this, you can see all the downloaded iCloud backup files. You can select any of them to retrieve data. All these downloaded files are saved on your computer. If you don't want them, then simply click on trash icon that is located beside the scan button to delete them completely.
Additional Reading: How To Recover iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data From iCloud Backup
So, those were the top 3 methods that you can follow to retrieve inaccessible data from dead iPad. So, immediately download Dead iPad Data Recovery software now and follow any of the above mentioned methods to retrieve data from any dead or broken iPad.