Best Solutions To Recover Lost, Missing, Disappeared or Deleted iPhone Data After Changing iPhone Date To January 1, 1970!
Summary: Lost or deleted data after changing your iPhone time to January 1, 1970? Looking for effective solutions to recover deleted data from iPhone that got lost, missing or disappeared after setting iPhone time back to January 1, 1970? If “Yes”, then you have landed on the right- webpage. In this article you will learn some effective solutions to recover data after changing iPhone date to Jan 1, 1970 (bricked iPhone).
However, one of the best methods to retrieve lost data from iPhone after changing the time back to Jan 1, 1970 is to use iPhone Data Recovery software.
With the help of iPhone Data Recovery software, you can:
- Efficiently retrieve deleted, lost, missing or disappeared data from iPhone whose date has been changed to Jan 1, 1970.
- Recover files such as photos, videos, audio, WhatsApp messages, contacts, text SMS, call history, Safari bookmarks, documents and much more.
- Also retrieve data that got deleted or lost due to jailbreaking, factory reset, iOS update, forgotten screen lock password, water damaged and so on.
- Preview recoverable files within preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- Support all models of iPhone, including iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus, etc running on iOS 12/11/10/9/8 and so on.
Directly Recover Data After Changing iPhone Date To Jan 1, 1970
To iPhone users, experiencing data loss is not rare, iPhone brings great and good user experience but besides this data loss let users run a great risk.
If you have lost your iPhone data after setting your iPhone date to 1970 then it is possible that you may lose all your data stored on your iPhone.
For practical scenario, just check out the below-mentioned example!
Possible fix for Date and Time 1 Jan 1970 Bug?
I fell for a scam currently floating around the Internet, this scam of changing the date and time of an IPhone to 1 Jan 1970 has rendered my IPhone to get stuck in a boot cycle. people are using the term “brick” for the bugs nature. i was inquiring if there is any fix?
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
In above example, user looking for a solution to fix January 1, 1970 iPhone fix, but changing date to Jan 1, 1970 on iPhone also delete all data.
There are many users who try to set the time to 1970 and they face data loss situation. However many trustful technology warned not to set time on iPhone to 1970 but still some users try to do that and result as data loss.
So, now the question is – how do you recover lost data from iPhone after changing its date back to January 1, 1970?
Well, we will provide the solutions later but before that first of all let us know what are other causes or reasons that leads to data loss on iPhone.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Blocked Messages From iPhone?
Other Causes or Reasons For The Loss or Deletion of Data From iPhone
- Hardware or software Malfunction – This is another reason of data loss. The hardware or software malfunction can take place when you drop your iPhone, iPad or iPod on the ground, interruption while charging the device or replacing the battery casually.
- Accidental Deletion of Data – Sometimes, we accidentally delete data by pressing the wrong button. While deleting unwanted files we click on “Delete All” button and thereby we lose our important data as well.
- Virus/Malware Attack – Virus/Malware attack is one of the prime factors that can easily corrupt stored data on your iDevices. Hackers making more and more iOS-based virus and malware to gain remote access of other people iPhones, iPad and iPod. Even the best anti-virus programs are not able to detect them.
- Software corruption – Your iDevice may suffer software corruption and an app might shut down unexpectedly while you are using it and as a result, you may encounter data loss. Sometimes, anti-virus or other security apps can cause software corruption of your iOS device.
- Other Reasons – Other reasons such as performing restore factory settings, improper jailbreak of iDevices, downgrade or upgrade of iOS, etc can lead to data loss.
So all these are the common scenarios which can lead to data loss situation. But now nothing to worry about data loss as you can easily recover your lost or deleted data from your device by using appropriate iPhone data recovery software.
So, now let us know some effective solutions to get back lost data from iPhone whose date was changed to January 1, 1970.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost or Inaccessible Data from Bricked iPhone
Solution 1: Restore Data After Changing iPhone Date To Jan 1, 1970 Using iTunes Backup
Well if you have already taken iTunes backup of your iPhone data then it is well and good and all the data can be retrieved which includes contacts, messages, voice memos, photos, notes etc from iPhone whose date was changed to Jan 1, 1970 or from bricked iPhone.
The complete step by step guide can be found here: iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
This will help you to restore iPhone data via iTunes backup for free.
Solution 2: Restore Data After Changing iPhone Date To Jan 1, 1970 Using iCloud Backup
Similarly, if you have already taken iCloud backup of your iPhone data then it is well and good and all the data can be retrieved which includes contacts, messages, voice memos, photos, notes etc from iPhone whose date was changed to Jan 1, 1970 or from bricked iPhone.
The complete step by step guide can be found here: How To Recover iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data From iCloud Backup
This will help you to restore iPhone data via iCloud backup for free.
Additional Reading: iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo After iOS 12 Update? Here’s How To Fix It!
Now the question is – What if you don’t have iTunes or iCloud backup? Then how can you recover data from iPhone after changing its date to Jan 1, 1970?
To find out the solution continue reading the article!
Solution 3: Recover Data After Changing iPhone Date To Jan 1, 1970 Without Backup
Well, if you have not taken backup of your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud before changing the date to January 1, 1970, then the best and recommended solution to recover data after changing iPhone date to Jan 1, 1970 is to use iPhone Data Recovery software. This software will help you to retrieve data directly from iPhone without iTunes or iCloud backup.
This iPhone Data Recovery software will help you to recover data like pictures, videos, audio, contacts, text messages, WhatsApp chat history, call logs, voice memos, notes, calendars, Safari bookmark, documents and much more.
The software is available for both Windows and Mac computer and it support all models of iPhone, including iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus, etc running on iOS 12/11/10/9/8.
Below follow the steps to recover iPhone data after changing its date to Jan 1, 1970 by using iPhone Data Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID and Restore Lost Data
- Broken iPhone Data Recovery: Recover Data From Broken iPhone
- Top 3 Ways To Recover Data from a Dead iPhone
- [Solved]: “Not Enough iCloud Storage” on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Steps To Recover Lost Data After Changing iPhone Date To January 1, 1970
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
So, those were the three solutions that you can follow to recover lost, missing, deleted or disappeared iPhone data after changing its date back to January 1, 1970.
You can use either iTunes or iCloud backup to restore your data, but in case if you do not have valid or proper backup, then it is highly recommended that you must try iPhone Data Recovery software to directly recover data after setting iPhone date to Jan 1, 1970 without any backup.