Top 7 Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S And On Other iPhone!
One of the iTunes error messages that most of the iOS device users are getting is mentioned below:
“The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred [error 50].”
If you are also getting the same error message on your iPhone, then this blog post is for you. Here you will learn about several solutions that will help you to fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S, etc.
So, just read the complete blog and follow the solutions one by one.
The iTunes error 50 is generally faced by the user when the iTunes is not connected to its database server. And also the synced apps, music, video and other content are not being shown up on the software interface.
Just Check Out Practical Scenario:
how to fix an error -50, how to fix an error -50
My iTunes keeps showing err -50, and I’m trying to download my show. How do I get it to work again. I’m so confused.
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
Reasons: Why iTunes Error 50 Occur?
The main cause of the error is the Internet Connectivity error. Some other reasons are also responsible for showing the iTunes Error 50 or iPhone error 50 such as:
- When you try to download or sync on iTunes.
- When connection between iTunes and Apple server is unsuccessful.
- When purchased item list can’t be refreshed.
- When corrupted iTunes registry is done on Window OS.
Well, this is the pretty common issue and is just like iTunes Error 53. This is commonly faced by every computer user with iTunes installed and regularly functioning might have encountered this problem once. It is claimed by iTunes that the error is “Unknown” but can be solved.
iTunes is the computer hub for Apple devices ranges from lowest iPods to the largest iPad Pro in the market. The Apps, music, video and many others is easily available on either the device itself or through iTunes. After that sync to the devices by connecting the Apple device to the PC. The file list on iTunes keeps synced with the contents stored on the Apple devices.
Therefore, on every launch iTunes need to connect to the internet to sync data with the user’s Apple devices. And the iTunes Error 50 mostly occurs when the purchased content list can’t be refreshed. So in this article know how to fix the iTunes error 50 on iPhone.
Additional Reading: 11 Solutions To Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus Keep Restarting Itself
But Before that, you must first backup your iPhone device.
This kind of error can occur in any iOS devices which includes iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, 5c, 4s etc and many more. When this error occurs on the devices then generally user search for solution to fix on their several iOS devices such as fix iPhone 6 error 50, iPhone 4S error 50, iPhone 5/ 5C/ 5S error 50, etc. In fact many users face data loss situation and want to restore iPhone from error 50.
So, here first let us know how to backup iPhone?
How To Backup your iPhone Using iCloud or iTunes
If you have a backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod then you will have the option to recover deleted, lost or missing data. Below find out how to create a backup of your iDevice by using iCloud or iTunes:
1 – Create a Backup by using iCloud
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup in iOS 8 or later
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup in iOS 7 or earlier
- Click on Backup Now. Make sure that the backup process completed by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and then choose your iDevice. The backup you have created just now will appear with the time and file size.
- While performing this process, make sure your device is connected with Wi-Fi network until the process complete and iCloud backup is turned on.
If your iCluod backup is turned on then iCloud will automatically backup your device every day. But only if:
- Your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Device’s screen is locked
- Phone is connected to a power source
- You have enough space available in your iCloud for the backup
2 – Create a Backup by using iCloud
- Connect your iDevice to computer and open iTunes
- Now transfer the data that you have downloaded from iTunes or App store. To transfer files just click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. If you are using Windows computer and File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Now click on Backup Now. If you are using Windows computer then click File > Devices > Back up. If File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Once the backup process completes, you can now see the backup completed successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. There you can see the name of your device along with date and time that iTunes have created a backup.
So, these are the two methods through which you can make a backup of your iOS Device that will help you to restore your photos, videos, notes, messages, contacts, audio and other files if you delete/lose data or your iDevices get lost/stolen.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost Data From iPhone Without Backup
Once, you successfully created backup, you can now proceed further to fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S.
Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S
Honestly speaking, there are few possible ways that you can try to fix an unknown error occurred (-50) itunes on iPhone. All you need to do is follow the simple and quick ways to solve sync error 50.
Solution 1: Check Your USB Port Is Working Properly
This is first troubleshoot that you must check in order to fix iPhone error 50.
In order to check if USB port is working properly or not, go to connect the device from the current USB port for 4-5 times. Or you can try on other working USB port.
Solution 2: Check Firewall/Antivirus Settings To Get Rid of iTunes Error 50
Sometimes firewalls or antivirus program stops the operation of iTunes that security programs (firewalls/antivirus) thought to be suspicious activity. Therefore you must check the blocked software to make sure that iTunes is not in that block list.
In order to check, simply log-in to firewall program and make sure that the following websites and program are allowed to pass:
Additional Reading: iTunes “Invalid Response” Error in iOS 10- How to Fix?
Solution 3: Check Network Connection Is Working
Make sure that network connection is working properly. As mentioned above that this iTunes error 50 also occur due problem in network connection.
Hence, check router settings and make sure it is not blocking any port that iTunes uses.
Solution 4: Restore iPhone Via iTunes Without SIM Card To Fix Unknown Error 50
Simply take out the SIM card from your iOS 11/10/9/8 device and try to restore your iPhone by using iTunes to fix the iTunes Error 50, by following these steps.
- Remove SIM card from your iPhone.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer with help of USB cable.
- Now launch iTunes on your computer.
- Select your device and go to “Summary Tab”.
- Click on “Restore iPhone” and then follow the onscreen steps to restore your iPhone.
Once, your iPhone successfully get restored, try to use iTunes and I hope you will now not get iTunes error 50 anymore.
Additional Reading: How to Restore Erased iPhone Data After Upgrading to iOS 11 Without Any Backup
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes To Fix iTunes Error 50
You must make sure that iTunes on your computer is working properly and syncing properly, have latest version of iTunes. If not, then uninstall it and re-install a new one to fix iTunes Error 50.
It is always recommended that you must download the latest version of iTunes from Apple’s website.
Here how to Uninstall and Re-install iTunes:
For Windows Users:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall A Program.
- Uninstall iTunes, MobileMe and Bonjour.
- Restart your PC and then download the latest version of iTunes from here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Open the installation file and follow the onscreen steps to install it.
For Mac Users:
- Uninstall the iTunes file from “Application”.
- Download the latest version of iTunes from here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Open the installation file and follow the onscreen steps to install it.
After the installation of iTunes, now launch iTunes and see if iTunes error 50 has been resolved.
Additional Reading: Complete Guide to Fix “iTunes Error 4013/4014” While Updating your iPhone
Solution 6: Try To Clear Out Registry
Sometimes iTunes error occurs due to corrupted registry. You should know that registry plays important role on Windows OS. It can bring improper settings and can give rise to iTunes error.
Hence, it is suggested that you must regularly clear registry on your Windows 10/8/7 computer. You can make use of any reliable registry cleaner software for Windows computer.
Solution 7: Ultimate Software To Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S
iOS System Repair is profession third-party software that is designed to fix all types/kinds of iTunes errors, iOS stuck, iPhone boot loop issue, etc in just few simple steps.
So, try this iOS System Repair software may be this can help you to fix iTunes error 50 on iPhone.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [Solved]- How to Fix iTunes Error 3194 while Upgrading or Downgrading iPhone/iPad
- Possible Ways to Fix “iTunes Error 9” on iPhone/iPad
- Know How to Fix “iTunes Error 17” While Upgrading iPhone/iPad
- How to Fix iTunes Error 3014 When Updating/Restoring iPhone
Steps To Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S can be found HERE
Hope after reading the article now you can easily fix iTunes Error 50 on your iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S. We have tried our best to provide every possible solution that could help you. So just follow the solutions and steps to fix the iPhone error ‘The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred [error 50]’. You must also try iOS System Repair software use to fix iTunes error and start using your iPhone and iTunes without any hassle.