Learn The Top Four Solutions To Fix iPhone X or iPhone 8, 8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode Error Without Any Data Loss!
Every iPhone has some issues and problems and the new iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X is no exception, even these new phone also has various problems and issue such as iPhone X/8/8 Plus stuck in Recovery mode.
This error has become one of the headaches for the users.
Their iPhone X or iPhone 8 enter into recovery mode, when they try to restore, upgrade, factory reset their device and once their iPhone enter into recovery mode they are not able to get out of recovery mode and hence users are not able to use or access data stored within the device.
So, in this post I am going to provide few effective solutions that going to help users to fix iPhone8/8 Plus or iPhone X Stuck in Recovery mode error. And thereby they will be very easily restore iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X out of recovery mode without any data loss.
Simply follow the solutions and their steps mentioned-below right now to fix your iPhone Stuck in Recovery mode.
- Solution 1: Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X Stuck In Recovery Mode Error Via iTunes
- Solution 2: Restore iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X Stuck At Recovery Mode Without iTunes/PC
- Solution 3: Get Out of Recovery Mode From iPhone X/8/8 Plus With TinyUmbrella
- Solution 4: Use iOS System Repair To Fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode Without Data Loss
- Bonus Tip: Recover Data From iPhone X/8/8 Plus After Fixing Stuck In Recovery Mode Error
First of all let us take real user example.
User Example: iPhone X Stuck In Recovery Mode While Updating To iOS 11.1
iPhone x struck at recovery mode when trying to update to iOS 11.1 using computers
Trying to update to iOS 11.1 using latest iTunes and had tried on two different computers for iPhone x, both facing problems , cannot update or restore, now stuck at recovery mode.
If try to restore, gets following error:
Restoring iPhone firmware
Could not be restored error 3003
If try to update, gets following error:
Updating iPhone firmware
Could not update error 3003
Anyone faced similar problem?
– Original Post From HardwareZone Forum
Similarly there are many users out there who encounter Stuck in Recovery mode error on their iPhone 8, 8 Plus or iPhone X, when they try to update iOS, factory reset, downgrade or some other reasons.
So, now the questions arise – How do I get my iPhone out of recovery mode? iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X stuck in recovery mode, how to restore? What will you do if your iPhone X/8/8 Plus get stuck in recovery mode? And what about data that saved within the device? How to troubleshoot iPhone Stuck in recovery mode without losing any data.
It doesn’t matter how you get your iPhone stuck at recovery mode, there is always solutions that you can try to fix it.
Here in this post you will learn the working solutions that can help you to fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus stuck in recovery mode. So, just follow the solution and steps one by one and check if problem is solved or not.
Additional Reading: iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode – Complete Solution
Solution 1: Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X Stuck In Recovery Mode Error Via iTunes
You can take help of iTunes to get out of recovery mode. But do note that this will help you to get your iPhone out of recovery mode, but this will also delete entire data saved on your iDevice.
Hence, it is suggested that you must first backup and restore iPhone data and then follow the below steps to fix this issue.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. Make sure you have latest version of iTunes. From the menu go to Help and select Check for Updates. After this your iTunes will be upgraded to latest version.
- Now connect your iPhone X/8/8 Plus to your computer.
- Now press and hold HOME and SLEEP/WAKE button altogether at same time.
- This will pop-up a message, saying that iPhone is in Recovery Mode and needs to be restored, hence simply click on OK.
- Now select your iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X in iTunes and then go to Summary Tab.
- In the summary tab, click o “Restore”, this will pop-up message, saying that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”.
- Simply agree to the message and follow the onscreen steps and allow your iTunes to restore your device.
After a while your iPhone will restart in the normal mode as usual.
However, if above solution fails, then you can follow the next solution.
This next solution is for those users who ask – How do I get my iPhone out of recovery mode without iTunes? Or how do I fix my iPhone stuck in recovery mode without PC?
So, next solution comes here!
Additional Reading: iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode after Update!
Solution 2: Restore iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X Stuck At Recovery Mode Without iTunes/PC
- First of all Turn ON your iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
- Press and hold HOME + POWER button for 10 seconds and then release the buttons. You will see that your screen turns OFF.
- No again press and hold HOME + POWER button again for 8 seconds until you see Apple Logo and then release the buttons after the iPhone screen turns OFF.
- Now again press and hold, HOME + POWER button for 20 seconds, then only release the POWER button and still hold the HOME button.
- After 20 seconds, release the HOME button and your iPhone X/8/8 Plus shall start in normal mode as usual.
Additional Reading: 11 Solutions To Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus Keep Restarting Itself
Solution 3: Get Out of Recovery Mode From iPhone X/8/8 Plus With TinyUmbrella
TinyUmbrella is a hybrid tool that is extensively used for resolving iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
The tool works great for all popular devices along with its latest version available for iOS 11. It might be not effective as other solution, but it can be used to fix basic errors and iOS related issues.
You can use this tool, to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode by following the below steps:
- Download and install on your computer from here: https://tinyumbrella.org/download/
- The tool is available for both Windows and Mac system.
- Next, launch TinyUmbrella on your computer and then connect your iPhone X/8/8 Plus (which is stuck in recovery mode) to computer.
- Just wait for a while as the tool will automatically detect your device.
- Once, the tool detects your device, simply click on “Exit Recovery” as shown in the screenshot below.
Now disconnect your iPhone from the computer and I hope your problem will be solved.
Note: This process is of fixing iPhone stuck in recovery mode might not always work and it also deletes all data stored within the device.
Additional Reading: How to Get out of DFU Mode without restoring your iPhone?
Solution 4: Use iOS System Repair To Fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode Without Data Loss
This is the ultimate and perfect solution to fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus stuck in Recovery Mode. With the help of iOS System Repair Tool, you can easily fix several issues, errors and problems of iOS system and it is safe as well as secure.
I mentioned safe and secure because many of the other solutions delete/erase entire data stored within the device, but with iOS System Repair – you can fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode without any data loss.
Key Features of iOS System Repair:
- Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode without any data loss.
- Fixes several iOS system issues, errors, problems such as iPhone stuck at apple logo, iPhone stuck on update screen, DFU Mode, iPhone stuck on restore screen, stuck on apple logo with progress bar, white/black/red screen of death, looping on start, etc.
- Fix iTunes errors such as iTunes error 1671, error 4013/4014, error 17, error 4005, error 50, error 3014, error 9, etc.
- Support all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Support latest iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X and compatible with latest iOS 11.
Below find out step-by-step guide on how to fix iPhone X or iPhone 8/8 Plus stuck in recovery mode error.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Forgot Your iPhone Screen Lock Password? Here’s What To Do!
- Top 3 Ways To Recover Data from a Dead iPhone
- 9 iPhone X Annoyance And Their Fixes Nobody Told You
- [GUIDE]- Reset your iPhone Without Apple ID and Restore your Lost Data
Steps To Fix iPhone X or iPhone 8/8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode
Note: After using iOS System repair, your device will get updated to the latest iOS version. If you have unlocked iOS device before then it will get locked and if your iOS device has been jailbroken, then it will get updated to non-jailbroken.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
Launch iOS System Repair software on your computer and select "Repair" from available options.
After this connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on 'Start' button to continue.
Now the software will display the device information, such as device model, system version, etc. Click Next to Continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If your device is not working properly, then this software will notify you to boot the device in DFU mode.
Here how to boot your iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone X in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Steps To boot other iDevices in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
In order to guarantee successful system recovery, please select correct device model and firmware information and then click on Download.
Since the firmware download size is large, it will take some time to complete download.
Step 4: Repair/Fix iOS device to normal status
After download is completed, click on "Fix Now" to begin the repairing process in order to get your iOS device to work normally again.
Once the repairing process gets competes, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will restart into normal mode. If your device does not boot normally then you can click on "Try Again" to try the process again.
[VIDEO TUTORIAL]: How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode
Additional Reading: iOS 11 Data Recovery: Recover Lost Data From iPhone/iPad on iOS 11
Bonus Tip: Recover Data From iPhone X/8/8 Plus After Fixing Stuck In Recovery Mode Error
Since many solutions delete all data of your iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X, hence you must be ready to handle such data loss issue as well. If you want to avoid data loss then it is highly recommended that you must go for – Solution 4: Use iOS System Repair To Fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode Without Data Any Data Loss.
So, if you have lost your important while fixing iPhone stuck in recovery mode then you must immediately use iPhone Data Recovery software to recover lost or deleted data from iPhone 8/8 Plus and recover deleted data from iPhone X after fixing stuck in recovery mode error.
Below, find out steps to recover data from iPhone after resolving iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X stuck in recovery mode.
Steps To Recover Lost Data After Fixing iPhone X/8/8 Plus Stuck In Recovery Mode
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
So, from the above solutions, you can easily fix iPhone 8, 8 Plus or iPhone X stuck in recovery mode error. You can follow any of the solutions, but out of all the solution, iOS System Repair is one of the most effective and safest ways to fix and get rid of iPhone stuck in recovery mode issue. So, go ahead and give try and I am sure you will not get disappointed.