Learn 7 Effective Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 3194 or iPhone Error Code 3194 While Updating/Restoring or Downgrading!
Have you come across iTunes error 3194 while updating your iDevice?
Searching for a solution to fix iTunes error 3194?
If Yes, then you don’t have to worry as the problem can be solved. Here in this blog you will get some of the best effective solutions on how to fix iTunes error 3194 successfully?
Expert Recommendation: One of the best ways to fix iTunes error 3194 or iPhone error code 3194 is to try iOS System Repair Tool.
With the help of iOS System Repair software, you can:
- Efficiently fix iTunes error 3194 or iPhone error code 3194.
- Repair other iTunes error such as iTunes error 4005, error 50, error 27, error 4014/4013, error 53, error 1671, etc.
- Also fix other iOS device issues such as iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch stuck at recovery mode, black/white/read screen, Apple logo, DFU mode and so on.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
After doing some research I have noticed that there are many iOS user are encountering with iTunes error 3194 and they have been asking for the solution on many forum and community website.
For example, just check out below practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: User Encountering Error 3194 on iPhone
Iphone5 restore error 3194 in ios 7 beta 1
an someone help me out?last time i have restore iphone w/o error. is server close by apple?
i’ve done this so far
change and edit host file
install latest itunes
redownload new ipsw beta
change new orig cable
change internet connection
all of this are not succesfull.
thanks in advance
– Original Post From GSM Hosting Forums
Now just wondering what could be the cause of occurrence of such iTunes error? Well, let us know what is iTunes error 3194, causes for the occurrence of this error and effective solutions to fix iTunes or iPhone error 3194.
Additional Reading: [Solved]: iTunes Could Not Connect To This iPad. An Unknown Error Occurred
What Is iTunes Error 3194?
iTunes error 3194 also known as iPhone error 3194 that occurs while updating or restoring your iOS devices (iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch). These error pop-ups due to several reasons which include invalid iTunes, unreliable internet connection between client and host server while upgrading, restoring or downgrading the device and many others.
However trying for some little time again in that time can help you to solve the issue and everything will go fine. But when not solved and you still you face such issue then it is important to handle the situation properly otherwise you can face lots of problem later on.
Additional Reading: Complete Solution To Fix iTunes 1671 Error
Well when you experience such error then you should quickly solve it. And to solve such issue, you don’t have to go anywhere but right here in this blog, you will be guided with best ways to deal with iTunes error 3194.
You will get different effective solutions to fix iTunes error 3194. So don’t just wait but simply jump to each one of them step by step and solve the problem instantly.
How To Fix iTunes Error 3194 or iPhone Error Code 3194
Well, based on the above problem that you got, I have gathered some of the best solutions which are given that can help you to get out of such iTunes error.
Solution #1 – Quit iTunes and Restart Your Computer
One of the simple solution is to stop your iTunes and after that again restart your PC. For that you can follow the below steps:
- First right click on iTunes icon and after that choose force iTunes
- After that hit on Apple menu which you will get on the right corner and choose Restart
- Finally, restart your PC, open iTunes and begin your work again
Solution #2 – Fix iTunes Error 3194 By Check The Firmware File
You may get iTunes error 3194 with a message that “The device is not eligible for the request build” while you upgrade or downgrade your device with firmware file that Apple has stopped singing. To get it more clearly you have to understand via example.
Just think that iOS 10.3.1 is the latest version and Apple has stopped the signing of iOS 10.2.1 or its lower firmware files. So here if you try your device to update the lower version which Apple has already stopped then you will come across such iTunes error.
Additional Reading: Ways to Fix “iTunes Error 9” on iPhone/iPad
Solution #3 – Update Your iTunes To Get Rid of iTunes Error 3194
Many times the iTunes error occurs due to old versions of iTunes installed. This old versions can create a lots of problem which may lead to several other problems. So make sure your iTunes is updated to its latest version and after that try to continue your task.
But many user have question – How do I get the latest version of iTunes?
Here follow the steps to get latest version of iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes, select Help > Check for Updates.
Additional Reading: 9 Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 4005 or iPhone 4005 Error Code
Solution #4 – Fix iTunes Error 3194 By Checking Hosts file In Mac or Windows
Many times when iTunes is unable to communicate with Apple’s update server then you may come across such problem. For that you should check the hosts file.
- First quit iTunes
- After that launch Terminal
- Then enter the below command and hit on Enter/Return button
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Now here you have to enter the password that you use to sign in to your computer when provoked, and after that press Enter/Return.
- Here terminal will show the hosts file as mentioned below.
- Now look for the entry containing “gs.apple.com”.
- After that navigate to the “gs.apple.com” entry by using the arrow keys, and then add (# symbol) and a space at the beginning of the “gs.apple.com” entry.
- Now press Control-O to save the file.
- After that click on the Enter key when the filename is asked and Control-X to exit the editor.
- At last restart your computer.
- First you have to swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then click on Search.
- After that you have to type run and click on the Run icon.
Note – If you are using a mouse, then simply point towards the upper-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer down. Here you have to click on Search and type run, and again hit on Run icon.
- Here you have to type (%WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc) in the Open box, and then hit on OK.
- You will get Etc folder. Just do double click on the Hosts file to edit it.
- If you come across any entries for “gs.apple.com” then delete it and save the Hosts file.
Solution #5 – Stop Firewall or Security Software Temporarily
Well, many times you also see that there is no entry in host file for “gs.apple.com” and you are getting the error 3194 continuously. Here you should disable anti-virus software or firewall on your PC for temporarily. This is because many times they stop iTunes from connecting to Apple servers.
That’s enough. Only this much you have to do and you can try to restore your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch where you will not get iTunes error 3194 again.
Additional Reading: Complete Guide to Fix “iTunes Error 4013/4014” While Updating your iPhone
Solution #6 – Remotely Factory Reset Your iOS Device To Fix iTunes Error 3194
This is another effective solution that can help you to troubleshoot and get rid of iTunes or iPhone error 3194. You can erase your iOS device remotely via iCloud.
Here follow the steps to factory reset your iPhone via iCloud:
Note: Make sure that “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your device and you have internet access.
- Login to iCloud website or open “Find My iPhone” on another iOS device.
- Open the “Find My iPhone” service in iCloud. This will open the map with your registered iOS devices.
- From the top menu click on “All Devices” and select your device that you want to reset and restore.
- Click on the “Erase” button in the iOS device’s card. After this, the iOS device will automatically start to erase and reset the device to factory settings. This will take some time to complete.
After the completion of process, set-up your device. You will be given the option to backup your phone from iCloud or iTunes backup or you proceed with fresh install. In case if you do not have any backup then you can use iOS Data Recovery software to recover data from your iOS device after fresh install.
Additional Reading: How to Fix iTunes Error 50 on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6/6S Plus/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4S
Solution #7 – Fix iTunes Error 3194 With iOS System Repair Without Data Loss
Well, all the above steps are really helpful and they will surely work to solve the issue. But besides all these methods, there are also other ways which can help you to deal with the situation. You can use iOS System Repair which can help you to fix iTunes error 3194 and any other iTunes error. Along with that, this powerful software can also solve black, read or white screen of death, stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo and many others.
You can very easily use this software as this is reliable software that can solve any issue related to iDevices. Also helpful in solving iTunes sync problems and a complete way to get out of any critical situations.
Below, download iOS System Repair Tool and follow step-by-step guide to fix iTunes error 3194 or iPhone 3194 error code.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- iTunes “Invalid Response” Error in iOS 10- How to Fix?
- How To Unlock “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”
- iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
- How To Fix “Cannot Get Mail – The Connection To The Server Failed” Error on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Note: After using iOS System repair, your device will get updated to the latest iOS version. If you have unlocked iOS device before then it will get locked and if your iOS device has been jailbroken, then it will get updated to non-jailbroken.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
Launch iOS System Repair software on your computer and select "Repair" from available options.
After this connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on 'Start' button to continue.
Now the software will display the device information, such as device model, system version, etc. Click Next to Continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If your device is not working properly, then this software will notify you to boot the device in DFU mode.
Here how to boot your iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone X in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Steps To boot other iDevices in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
In order to guarantee successful system recovery, please select correct device model and firmware information and then click on Download.
Since the firmware download size is large, it will take some time to complete download.
Step 4: Repair/Fix iOS device to normal status
After download is completed, click on "Fix Now" to begin the repairing process in order to get your iOS device to work normally again.
Once the repairing process gets competes, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will restart into normal mode. If your device does not boot normally then you can click on "Try Again" to try the process again.
So, I really hope that whatever solutions I have provided through this blog would really help you to fix iTunes error 3194. All these solutions have already worked for many users and I am sure, they will work for you as well. But in case if solutions 1-6 fails, then you must go for recommended solutions that is to use iOS System Repair Tool.