Follow Effective Solutions To Fix iPhone Stuck At White Screen of Death!
Summary: After going through several forums and community websites, I have found that there many Apple iPhone users encountering with the issue of “iPhone stuck at white screen” which is also known as “White Screen of Death (WSoD)”. Hence, I have decided to write this article that offer effective solutions that will help you to fix iPhone white screen of death whether your iPhone is running on iOS 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 or any earlier version.
One of the best methods to fix iPhone stuck at white screen is to try iOS System Repair software.
With the use of iOS System Repair, you can:
- Efficiently fix iOS system to normal and easily get rid of iPhone stuck at white screen of death.
- Also fix white screen of death (WSoD) for iPad and iPod touch.
- Also fix iPhone stuck at black screen, blue screen or red screen of death.
- Also fix other several iOS system problems such as iOS device stuck at recovery mode, stuck at connects to iTunes screen, stuck at Apple logo, loop on start, etc.
- Support all models of iPhone, including iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, etc. Compatible with latest iOS 12.
So, let’s start with real user’s practical scenario which is mentioned-below!
White screen with black Apple Logo?
I’ve been using ios 7 since beta one on my device and with the release I updated my wife’s 5 to ios 7 too.
With her phone now, when she holds down power and home to reboot the device, she gets a white screen with a black apple logo, where I (and my co-workers on ios 7) get a black screen with a white logo.
It’s just concerning me that something is not quite right with my wife’s phone and I’ll need to do a restore.
Anyone have any ideas?
– Original Post From iMore Forums
Just like above example, there are many iPhone users whose device get stuck at white screen and do not respond at all.
So, if your iPhone’s screen has completely turned into white or got stuck at White screen of death and it does not show any app icons or does not respond at all, then it means there is a problem.
You might be encountering with iPhone white screen also called as iPhone White Screen of Death. Though this name sound scary, but there are some effective solutions that you can follow which is explained in this article to fix the problem by yourself.
But before that let us know reasons – Why iPhone get stuck at White Screen of Death?
Additional Reading: How To Fix Red Screen of Death of iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Why iPhone Get Stuck At White Screen of Death?
There could be several reasons that can lead iPhone to get stuck at white screen. Some of the common causes are mentioned below:
- Hardware issues.
- Software crash.
- Damage due to frequent falls.
- iOS update or downgrade.
- Failure jailbreak.
In any of the above-mentioned causes your iPhone’s screen may turn white and does not respond at all.
Alright, so here come the solutions to fix iPhone white screen problems or iPhone stuck at white screen of death.
Additional Reading: How To Fix iPhone Error 1667 Or iTunes Error 1667 Code
Solution 1: Best Way To Fix iPhone White Screen of Death Without Data Loss
If you are looking for fast and simple solution to get rid of iPhone white screen of death, then you need to try third-party iOS System Repair which is reliable and professional iPhone White Screen of Death Repair software. This software fixes all problems, errors and issues related to iPhone iOS system and fix them efficiently without any data loss.
So, try this iOS System software and fix iPhone white screen problem with ease.
This iOS system repair tool support all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running on iOS 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 and former version.
Below follow the complete tutorial on how to fix iPhone white screen of death by using iOS System Repair tool.
Steps To Fix iPhone White Screen of Death Without Any Data Loss
Note: After using iOS System repair, your device will get updated to the latest iOS version. If you have unlocked iOS device before then it will get locked and if your iOS device has been jailbroken, then it will get updated to non-jailbroken.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
Launch iOS System Repair software on your computer and select "Repair" from available options.
After this connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. When it detects then hit on 'Start' button to continue.
Now the software will display the device information, such as device model, system version, etc. Click Next to Continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If your device is not working properly, then this software will notify you to boot the device in DFU mode.
Here how to boot your iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone X in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Steps To boot other iDevices in DFU mode:
- Switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold both Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until the device does not get in DFU Mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
In order to guarantee successful system recovery, please select correct device model and firmware information and then click on Download.
Since the firmware download size is large, it will take some time to complete download.
Step 4: Repair/Fix iOS device to normal status
After download is completed, click on "Fix Now" to begin the repairing process in order to get your iOS device to work normally again.
Once the repairing process gets competes, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will restart into normal mode. If your device does not boot normally then you can click on "Try Again" to try the process again.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo After iOS 12 Update? Here’s How To Fix It!
- Here’s How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode [4 Solutions]
- [Solved]: iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/6/6S Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- How To Unlock “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”
Solution 2: Try Three Fingers Trick To Fix iPhone White Screen
This is another quick and easy solution. This three fingers trick has worked in many cases.
So, here what you need to do:
When your iPhone’s screen show white screen of death, use your 3 fingers at the same time to double tap on the screen.
Though it sounds awkward or too easy, just give it a try. Many times these little trick work and fix the issue.
Solution 3: Force Restart Your iPhone To Get Rid of iPhone White Screen
When you see white screen, then the number of solutions you can try is limited as you can’t access the iPhone settings. But you can force restart your iPhone to get rid of this white screen issue.
Here follow how to force restart iPhone:
- Press and hold the sleep/wake + Home buttons together at the same time and continue holding the buttons for at least 15 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Once Apple logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.
Now, check if problem still persist or not. If it still persists, then follow the next solution.
Additional Reading: 8 Solutions To Fix “iTunes Error 9” on iPhone/iPad! 8th Solutions Work Great
Solution 4: Hard Reset Your iPhone To Solve iPhone White Screen of Death
If you are not able to force restart your iPhone, then you can hard reset your device with the help of Power, Home and Volume up button to fix the problem.
Here follow the steps to hard reset iPhone:
- Press and hold sleep/wake + Home + Volume up buttons together at the same time.
- Continue holding the button until and unless Apple logo appears.
- Once logo appears, release the button.
Solution 5: Remove and Re-Insert The battery To Fix White Screen of Death (WSoD)
After your iPhone shows up white screen, remove the battery from the device and re-insert it back.
Here how to do this:
- Remove the battery clip.
- You have to remove the two screws located at the bottom of the phone.
- And two more screws once you lift up the screen.
If you have not done this before or if you are not sure how to do this, then simply skip the solution or ask someone who knows how to remove the battery and put it back in.
Additional Reading: Solved: AirDrop Not Showing Up In iOS Control Center on iPhone
Solution 6: Fix iPhone White Screen By Restoring iPhone Via iTunes
When you face iPhone white screen error, then you can try to restore your iPhone with iTunes to fix the issue.
Here follow the steps on how to restore iPhone via iTunes to fix the white screen of death:
- Launch iTunes on your computer. Make sure you have latest version of iTunes.
- Conenct your iPhone with the help of USB cable to computer. The iTunes will detect your iPhone, you can then click on your iPhon icon.
- Now go to Summary tab and click on “Restore iPhone” as shown in the screenshot below.
- iTunes will pop-up another dialogue box, simply click on “Restore”.
- iTunes will then download the software for your iPhone and restore it when download is complete.
Note: This solution will erase all data that is stored within your iPhone.
Additional Reading: Solved iOS Update Error: iPhone Attempting Data Recovery on iOS 11/10
Solution 7: Enter DFU Mode And Restore iPhone To Fix White Screen of Death
You can also fix white screen of death by entering into DFU mode and restore your iPhone to factory settings. But also do note that, following this solution will erase all data of your iPhone. Hence, you can skicp tis solution if you do not have backup your iPhone.
Nevertheless, here follow the steps to enter into DFU mode and restore iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to computer, It doesn’t matter whether your iPhone is Turn ON or OFF.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and make sure you have latest version of iTunes. If not then update it.
- Now press and hold “Sleep/Wake + Home” buttons together for 10 seconds.
- Release the “Sleep/Wake” button, but continue holding the “Home” button for another 15 seconds.
- iTunes will then display a pop-up message that says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
- Release “Home” button. Your iPhone will completely turns black, it means it enter the DFU mode.
- Finally, restore your iPhone with iTunes.
- When the restoring process gets completed, you can then set-up your iPhone as a new device.
When your iPhone’s screen turns completely white or when you encounter with iPhone White Screen of death, then you are basically unable to anything with your iPhone. This can become huge problems in certain situations.
But, learning few effective and quick solutions that is mentioned-above in this article would definitely help you in fixing the iPhone White Screen of Death (WSoD) and bring back your phone working up gain in no time. However, among those mentioned solutions, the best solution to fix the issue permanently is to use iOS System Repair Tool as it is designed to fix iPhone white screen without any data loss.