Learn Effective Solutions On How To Unlock “iPhone Is Disabled. Connect To iTunes” Error Message!
Getting error message “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes” and have no idea on how to fix it or how to unlock it? So does iPad or iPod Touch? Well, just read this blog post till the end and follow the solutions to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes problem. For more general solutions please check out – Forgot Your iPhone Screen Lock Password? Here’s What To Do!
Tip: One of the best ways to fix and unlock – iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error messages is to use iOS Unlock software.
With the help of iOS Unlock tool, you can:
- Efficiently unlock disabled iPhone connect to iTunes error by removing the lock screen.
- Bypass/remove/disable forgotten screen lock password of iOS device.
- Unlock “iPhone is disabled. Try in 1/5/15/20/60 minutes” issue.
- Support all models of iPhone and iPad.
Let’s start with real user’s practical scenarios!
Practical Scenario: A User iPhone Display “iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes”
iphone is disabled connect to itunes HOW????
i have connected my phone to the computer and nothing. phone still reads disabled connect to iTunes. frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
Similarly, there are lots of users out there facing the same issue.
Now the question is – Why or How iPhone gets disabled? The answer lies below.
Additional Reading: How To Unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod Passcode Without Restore
Why or How iPhone Gets Disabled?
One of the major causes for the iPhone to get disabled is, when you try to enter the wrong password several times.
Besides that, unknowingly or unintentional mistake of entering wrong lock screen password may also disable your iPhone. This could happen by your children at home or by your friends or family members, who desperately wants to unlock your iPhone to know what’s inside in it and tries several failed attempts.
Now the question is – how many failed attempts can really make your iPhone disabled? Find the answer below.
How Many Failed Attempts Can Really Make Your iPhone Disabled? – The List of Disabled iPhone Error Message
Below we are listing, how many times you can enter your passocode on iPhone and at what number your iPhone will get disabled and display – “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes” error message.
When you try first five incorrect passocode, then it won’t display any message and it won’t make any harm.
But when you continue to enter wrong passcode then see what message you get:
- At 6th incorrect passcode: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute.
- At 7th incorrect passcode: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes.
- At 8th incorrect passcode: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes.
- At 9th incorrect passcode: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes.
- At 10th incorrect passcode: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.
At 10th incorrect attempt you will get the ‘iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes” and if Auto Data Eraser is enabled on your iPhone, then you will get a message “Your iPhone is completely erased”.
Note: If you enter the same passcode for unlimited number of times then it will be considered as one attempt. For example if your passcode is 2222 and if you keep entering 4444 for more than 6 times then it will be counted as one single attempt.
Alright, so now let us move to the solutions section. Below find different effective solution that might help you to fix iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes issue.
Additional Reading: iPhone/iPad/iPod Disabled after Entering Wrong Passcode, How to Unlock It?
Solution 1: Unlock “iPhone Is Disabled. Connect To iTunes” By Using iOS Unlock
If you are looking for ultimate solution to fix this issue, then this is the solution that you must go for when no other solutions work for you.
You can use iOS Unlock as it is specifically designed to remove, disable, bypass, unlock disabled iPhone. It will help you to unlock lock screen password of your disabled iPhone and thereby removes the error message “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes” error message.
Additionally, with the help of this iOS Unlock tool, you can easily unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes and without iCloud.
Below download iOS Unlock and follow the complete tutorial to remove locked screen of your disabled iPhone.
Note: This solution will wipe all data that is stored within your iPhone, but it will fix your disabled iPhone.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Remotely Erase an iPhone or iPad Which Was Lost or Stolen
- Solved iOS Update Error: iPhone Attempting Data Recovery on iOS 11/10
- [Solved]: iTunes Could Not Connect To This iPad. An Unknown Error Occurred
- How To Permanently Delete iPhone Data Without Restoring
- iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
Steps To Fix “iPhone Is Disabled. Connect To iTunes” Error Message
Note: Before you proceed further, you have to first disable "Find My iPhone/iPad" feature. If it is already enabled then below find out steps to disable Find My iPhone/iPad remotely.
Part 1: Steps To Disable Find My iPhone/iPad Remotely
Step 1: In order to disable Find My iPhone/iPad on the lock device, simply Switch OFF the device first.
Step 2: After this, visit icloud.com on your computer and log-in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3: Once you log-in to your iCloud account, click on "Find My iPhone" icon.
Step 4: Then click on All Devices and put the cursor on the device for which you want to Turn OFF Find My iPhone.
Step 5: No simply click on 'X' icon to simply remove your iPhone/iPad from your iCloud account. This is how "Find My iPhone/iPad" is disabled remotely.
Once Find My iPhone/iPad is disabled, you can now proceed further to unlock screen lock of your iPhone or iPad with the help iOS Lock Screen Removal tool.
Part 2: Steps To Unlock iPhone/iPad Screen Lock
Step 1: Connect Your iPhone/iPad To Computer
Launch Unlock (iOS) on your computer and select "Unlock" among the available option.
Then connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with the help of lightening cable. Next click on "Start" to begin the process.
Step 2: Boot iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
Now you have to boot your iDevice in DFU Mode.
Below find out how to boot iPhone/iPad in DFU mode:
- Turn OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button until your device enter into DFU mode.
Step 3: Confirm iOS Device Information
Once your device boot in DFU mode, iOS Unlock will show the device information such as iOS version, phone generation, etc. If the information is not correct then simply provide the correct information from the drop-down list. Then click on "Download" to download the firmware for your device.
Step 4: Unlock/Disable/BYpass iPhone/iPad Screen Lock
Once the firmware gets downloaded, click on "Unlock Now" to start the process of unlocking your iPhone/iPad.
Your iPhone or iPad will get unlocked in just few seconds. Also note that this unlocking process will also erase all data on your iPhone/iPad.
Additional Reading: How to Recover Data from Passcode locked iPhone/iPad on Mac/Windows?
Solution 2: Fix iPhone Is Disabled By Connecting To iTunes
This is another solution that can help you to resolve your disabled iPhone – that is by connecting it to iTunes and restore your iPhone.
But do let me remind you that this method will erase all data stored within your iPhone. Hence, it is suggested that you must first back your iPhone.
Anyway, let’s check out step-by-step guide on how to unlock disabled iPhone by restoring it by connecting to iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to computer that you usually use to sync it. Launch iTunes and make sure that your compute have latest version of iTunes installed.
- Once your iPhone icon appears on iTunes, click on it and go to “Summary” tab.
- Here, click on “Restore”.
- Once your iPhone successfully get restored, then it will be restored to factory settings and you will be greeted with Welcome screen as shown in screenshot below.
Additional Reading: How To Erase iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data Without Passcode
Solution 3: Fix “iPhone Is Disabled. Connect To iTunes” In Recovery Mode
In most of the cases in such situation, restoring iPhone via iTunes fails. Then in such case, you have to enter your iPhone into recovery mode and restore it.
Below follow the steps on how to put iPhone into recovery mode and restore it to fix disabled iPhone:
- To enter into recovery mode, press the Home and Power button together. Now your screen will go blank after 10 seconds. Now release the Power button but keep pressing the Home button.
- Now launch iTunes on your computer and then connect your iPhone to computer. iTunes will display the following messages as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click “OK” to continue with the recovery solution. You will be redirected to iTunes “Restore” screen. Tap on “Restore” option and if everything goes fine then your iPhone will get restored to factory settings. After that you can set-up your device.
Note: Even this solution erases all data from your Apple iPhone.
Additional Reading: How To Reset iPhone Without Apple ID and Restore Lost Data
Connecting iPhone To iTunes Doesn’t Work To Fix The Error
Fixing disabled iPhone is not as easy as it is mentioned in Solution 2 and Solution 3. Some users reported that connecting the disabled iPhone to iTunes doesn’t help them to fix ‘iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes’ problem.
If, after trying solution 2 (standard iTunes wipe) and solution 3 (standard recovery mode), you may try to fix the problem by wiping your iPhone using iCloud, which we explained in the next solution.
If you’ve tried both the standard iTunes wipe and Recovery Mode, you may be able to wipe it using iCloud, which we explain in the next section.
Solution 4: Fix “iPhone Is Disabled. Connect To iTunes” With iCloud
Many people have a question when connecting iPhone to iTunes does not work and that question is – how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes?
Well, the fourth solution is all about it. Here you will know the solution on how to unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes. It means you can reset your disabled iPhone with iCloud.
Here, follow the steps:
Note: This solution will only work, if “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your iPhone before it’s actually got disabled.
- Visit, iCloud website (icloud.com).
- Log-in with your iCloud ID and password.
- Here you will see the list of your iPhone’s name. If you have more than one iOS device then you will all devices there.
- Now tap on the iPhone name that is disabled and you want to wipe and fix the problem.
- You will now see three options – “Play Sound”, “Lost Mode” and “Erase iPhone”. Click on “Erase iPhone” and follow the onscreen steps.
After the successful process, your iPhone will get reset to factory setting. With this solution you can remove the ‘iPhone is disabled.connect to iTunes’ error.
Note: Even this solution erases all data stored within your device.
So, those were the four solutions that you can follow to get rid of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch is disabled connect to iTunes issue now. However, among all the solution the best and ultimate solution to fix the problem is the solution no. 1 that is using iOS Unlock.