Here Learn The Some Effective Solutions To Erase Data or Factory Reset iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch Without Password!
Have you lost your iPhone and want to delete data permanently from it?
Looking to sell your iPhone/iPad after erasing all data from it, but unfortunately you forgot the password?
Well, in this particular blog post you are going to learn different solutions that will help you to erase data from iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without passcode.
However, if you do not want to read the complete solutions and want to directly erase all data from iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), without password, then you can use iOS Full Data Eraser tool.
With the help of this software, you can:
- Effectively erase all data permanently from iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without password.
- Reset (erase all data) iPhone without Apple ID password, without iCloud password and without iTunes password.
- You can reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch when you forget your password.
- Wipe data permanently from iOS devices that is not recoverable by any means, not even by data recovery software.
Passcode is a complete protection to every data which is stored on your iPhone. If you have locked your phone with passcode then nobody can access your device and cannot steal your data. You can take it as a security that completely protects all your data.
But the actual problem occurs when you forget the passcode of your device. If you have to wipe out every data from it then you cannot do so. But there are ways by which you can erase iPhone without passcode.
It completely depends on which process you select. If you have ever saved your data via iCloud then you can sign into iCloud account or if you have ever synced with iTunes then also you can go with it.
But, before that let us know what situations or emergency make us to wipe data from iOS devices.
Additional Reading: How to Unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod Passcode Without Restore
Reasons: Why We Need To Delete iPhone/iPad or iPod Data?
Well, reasons can be various for various iPhone users. It totally depends on the situation which leads to erase every data from iPhone. Many times it becomes important to delete all data from device or because of slow performance of device. Read Top 10 Free Methods to Speed up Slow iOS 10, iOS 10.1 on iPhone iPad.
All in whole, the main purpose of deleting data is due to confidentiality and privacy of data. However some other purposes include:
- Recovering device to new state.
- Want to sell the device to buy new one.
- Want to improve the performance of the entire device hence creating some free space.
- Many time no need of old data so simply want to delete them.
So now the main part to know is how to delete iPhone without passcode. For that you have to pick the best way to wipe out every data. Read further to know how to erase iPhone without passcode.
Before the situation comes where you forget your iPhone passcode, you should backup all your data so that you don’t have to worry about your important data. Here you will get to know different effective ways to delete your data from your locked iPhone. You have to select any one and can erase your device to remove the passcode.
Additional Reading: [GUIDE]- Reset your iPhone Without Apple ID and Restore your Lost Data
Solutions To Erase iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Without Passcode
- Solution 1: Erase Data/Factory Reset iPhone Without a Passcode Via iTunes
- Solution 2: Erase Data/Factory Reset iPhone Without a Passcode Via iCloud
- Solution 3: Wipe iPhone Data Without Passcode Via Recovery Mode
- Solution 4: Permanently Erase iPhone Data Without Passcode
- Bonus Tip: Use iOS Unlock To Remove Passcode From iPhone
Solution 1: Erase Data/Factory Reset iPhone Without a Passcode Via iTunes
Note: If you have ever synced your iPhone with iTunes in the past, only then this solution will work. Since, you have synced using iTunes, you will not be asked for the passocde again.
So, here how to reset iPhone without a passcode via iTunes:
- First of all backup your iPhone, as you will lose all your data saved within the device due to factory reset. This step is very important and you should not ignore it.
- Now connect your iPhone to computer with the help of USB cable and open iTunes on your computer.
- Select your device as it appears and then click on “Restore iPhone”.
- Then from the iTunes dialogue box, click “Restore”.
- After this the iPhone software update window will pop-up, simply click on “Next”.
- Next click on “Agree” to accept the terms and conditions and continue.
- Now simply wait as iTunes will download iOS and restore your iPhone.
This solution has worked in many cases. But, if you have not synced your iPhone with iTunes, then you can follow below-mentioned solution.
Solution 2: Erase Data/Factory Reset iPhone Without a Passcode Via iCloud
Note: This solution will only work, if you have backup your iPhone to iCloud backup in the past. Not so obvious, this will also work if “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your device. This help Apple to identify your phone as well as you the correct user.
So, here how to reset iPhone without passcode via iCloud:
- First you have to login to your iCloud.com/find and enter the details
- Now choose ‘All devices’ that is on top part of browser
- Here you have to select your device and hit on ‘Erase device’ to delete your device
- At last, the device is ready for restore from backup.
Additional Reading: [TIPS]- How to Use Find My iPhone to Track Lost/Stolen iPhone/iPad
Solution 3: Wipe iPhone Data Without Passcode Via Recovery Mode
There are several users out there asking “I have not synced my iPhone with iTunes as well with iCloud, so how I can erase data from iPhone without passcode”.
Well, if you have never synced with iTunes or iCloud, then you can use recovery mode to restore your iOS device. This will erase the passocode as well data stored within the device.
Here how to erase iPhone data without passcode via recovery mode:
- First connect your iPhone to computer and then open iTunes.
- After connected, do ‘hard reset’. Simply hold the sleep/wake button together with ‘home’ button until see “Recovery Mode” on your iPhone screen.
- Here, don’t go unless you see ‘Recovery mode’ screen
- Then select ‘Restore’ on computer.
- At last the process starts and it will work less than 15 minutes.
Additional Reading: [VIDEO TUTORIAL]: How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode
Drawbacks To Manual Reset
Though iPhone reset can help you to erase iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without passcode, it also has some drawbacks.
The drawbacks are:
- The erased data are not deleted permanently by “Factory Reset”, the real fact is that deleted or erased data can be easily recovered with the help of suitable iPhone Data Recovery software.
- Besides that, manual solutions can also bring several problems, if you select the wrong option.
So, how to tackle such situation? Well, check out solution 4 mentioned below, that will help you to erase data permanently from iPhone without passcode that is not recoverable by any data recovery software.
Additional Reading: How to Permanently Clean Corrupted Media Files from iPad on Windows/Mac
Solution 4: Permanently Erase iPhone Data Without Passcode
Well, there are lots of ways to wipe iPhone data permanently without passcode as mentioned above.
But if you don’t want to go manually then you can select the best process to erase iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch permanently without password.
And the best way is by using iOS Full Data Eraser. It is one of the effective iPhone data eraser tool that completely delete all data from your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch) without passcode. The wiped or erased data are not recoverable by any means, not even by any data recovery solutions.
Anyone can use this software as it provides users with simple clicks to wipe out everything from device. It deletes messages, browsing history, call history, contacts, photos, videos, device settings and entire iPhone. Once the data is deleted, there is no chance to recover those with any software. So don’t just wait and think of how it will work. There is no fear of using this as your data will be erased completely.
Below, find out step-by-step guide on how to erase iPhone without passcode.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Permanently Delete Photos/Videos From iPhone 6s/6s plus
- How to Erase Call History from iPhone Permanently
- How to Permanently Erase all Data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- How to Remotely Erase an iPhone or iPad Which Was Lost or Stolen
Steps To Wipe/Erase iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data Permanently
Step 1: Connect your device to the computer
First install and launch iOS Data Eraser software and then select "Erase" option from the available option. Now connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your computer.
Once it recognizes your device, it will display the two options for you such as – Erase Full Data and Erase Private Data. Select "Erase Full Data" in order wipe all data from the device.
Step 2: Start to erase all data from your device completely & permanently
Next click on "Erase" button to start erasing data from your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch completely and permanently.
Since the erased data can't be recovered by any means, hence, it is suggested that you must be very careful that you do not want any data back and then enter "delete" and press on "Erase now" to confirm.
Step 3: Wait till the data deletion is complete
After the data deletion process starts, you don't have to anything, but only have to wait till the process completes. Make sure the device is connected properly during the entire process.
When the data deletion is complete, you will see the following window as shown in the screenshot below.
Now your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is completely deleted and it now turns into a new device. There is no data left on the device and you can use it according to your wish.
Additional Reading: Ways You Can Apply To Delete Data Permanently From iPhone 7/7 Plus
Bonus Tip: Use iOS Unlock To Remove Passcode From iPhone When You Forgot iPhone Passcode
I thought this is the right place to explain about iOS Unlock. Every user when they forgot password/passcode of iPone or other iOS device, they first look for the solution on how to remove/disable passcode from iPhone that got locked due to forgotten password or passcode?
So, if you are looking to unlock locked iPhone, then you can use iOS Unlock – it is designed to remove passocode from locked iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Here learn the steps on how to unlock locked iPhone.
People Have Also Asked: How To Hard Reset iPhone With Passcode
Doing hard reset is one of the ways which can help you to come out of the situation. In this process, the device restarts or rebooted forcefully when something goes wrong. Some of them are: device become slow, iPhone freezing issue while accessing or may be some settings changed.
However to do hard reset of your device, you have to simply hold the sleep/wake button together with ‘home’ button until the logo of Apple appears on your iPhone screen. It takes few seconds that depends on phone performance. Now leave the phone to boot and wait until it takes to the home screen.
Data deletion becomes important many times in various situations and emergency, particularly when you forget password of your device, when you want to sell your iPhone or when your device get stolen or lost and so on.
But as of now, I hope you don’t have to worry about it as you have learned, various effective solutions mentioned above in this post that helped you to erase/wipe/delete data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch without passcode. However, it is recommended that you must use iOS Full Data Eraser as it erase data permanently that is not recoverable.