Learn Effective Solutions To Recover Deleted or Lost Video Files From iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
Summary: If you have lost or accidentally deleted videos on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then don’t worry. In this article you learn some of the very effective solutions that will help you to recover deleted video from iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch.
One of the best solutions to get back deleted or lost videos from iOS devices (iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch) is to use iOS Data Recovery which is reliable iOS Video Recovery software.
With the help of iOS Data Recovery Software, you can:
- Retrieve your lost, deleted, erased, missing, wiped video files from any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Recover all types of video file format such as MOV, M4V, MP4, AVI, DIVX, MKV, FLV, 3GP, etc.
- Also extract deleted movies, video clips, video songs, audio, photos, contacts, text messages, call logs, WhatsApp attachments, etc.
- Preview recoverable videos within preview screen of the software before you save them on your computer.
- Support all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, including iPhone X/8/8 Plus, iPad Pro, The New iPad, iPod Touch 6/5, etc.
Free Download iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Video Recovery Tool
There are many users who accidentally delete the videos from many devices like iPhone X/8/7/6, iPad Mini 4/Air 2/iPad Pro/iPod Touch 5/6.
For example, just take a look at user practical scenario!
can I recover deleted videos on my iPhone not backed up in iTunes or to iCloud?
Can I recover deleted videos from my iphone? I failed to have them updated to my iCloud or my itunes account so that is not an option. Thanks!
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
There could be several causes for the loss or deletion of video files from iOS devices. Some of the common causes are mentioned below.
Reasons For The Loss or Deletion of Videos on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
As more and more data saved on our iOS device, the problem of data loss we suffer. No one can 100% guarantee that their data saved in the phone are in safe condition. Bad thing can come anytime and to anybody. Valuable data loss can bring huge hurt to our life and business. Below find out some reasons that result in data loss (including video files) it will help you to avoid such loss to some extent.
- Accidental deletion: When you delete any unwanted videos from iDevices, you may select and delete important videos as well. Also before deleting anything please check twice before you tap on Delete.
- Wrong Operation – Most of the times photos, videos, contacts, messages get deleted due to wrong operation of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Handling improperly iOS devices can take place by you or by your friends or family members.
- Loss/Damage of iOS Device – You may lose your important data if your iOS device gets damaged, lost, stolen or get broken. To avoid such data loss, you must protect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Mishandling of iDevices – If your iPad 4 accidentally gets drops onto the ground from your hands or into water then it can result in complete data loss from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Other Causes – Other causes include factory reset, jailbreaking, locked iOS device, flashing the device, etc.
These are some common reasons through which user of iOS device lose their precious and valuable videos. No matter, whatever may be the reasons behind the videos loss one can easily restore them back with the help of iOS Data Recovery tool.
So, now let’s find out some of the effective solutions to recover deleted video files from iPhone/iPad or iPod touch.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Videos From iPhone
Solutions To Restore Deleted or Lost Videos From iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
As most of the iDevices users face a loss of data such as pictures, videos, contacts, SMS, notes, audio, etc. Here find out the manual methods that will help you to recover lost or deleted data from iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. You can follow the below Solution 1 and Solution 2 only when you have synced your iDevice with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
However, if you do not have any backup, then you can opt for Solution 3, it offers iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Video Recovery software that will help you to retrieve your deleted videos from iOS device without any backup.
Solution 1 – Restore Deleted Videos From iCloud Backup
Note – If you have already set up your device then you have to erase all content from your iDevice because backup through iCloud is only possible through the Setup Assistant.
Here follow the steps:
- Switch on your iDevice. Go to iOS Setup Assistant mode with a Hello screen.
- Now connect your device with Wi-Fi network and follow the steps until you see Set Up Device screen.
- Click on Restore from iCloud Backup. Sign into your iCloud account.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Once you select the backup the transfer will start.
- If you have used multiple Apple IDs for purchasing apps or contents from iTunes or App store then you have to sign in each Apple IDs. If you have forgotten the password then you can skip this step and enter it later.
- Now you have to just give a process time to complete the task. Restoring data from backup can take a time, depending upon the size of the file and network speed.
For More Information Please Visit: How To Recover iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Data From iCloud Backup
Solution 2 – Extract Deleted Videos From iTunes Backup
Here follow the steps:
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device. If iTunes tell you that there is an iOS update then get the latest update.
- Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you are using Windows computer and if there is no File menu then you can press Alt key.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Click on Restore and wait for the process to complete.
- Your iDevice will restart and then it will sync with your computer. Stay connected till the sync process completes.
For More Information Please Visit: iTunes Data Recovery: Restore Data From iTunes Backup For Free
Solution 3 – Recover Deleted Videos Directly From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Without Backup
In case, if you have not backed-up your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iTunes or iCloud, then it is recommended that you must go for professional and powerful iOS Data Recovery which is a perfect iOS Video Recovery Tool. This video recovery software for iOS devices easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing videos from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
Beside videos, this iPhone Video Recovery software also retrieve other data from iOS devices such as recover contacts, text messages, photos, notes, call logs, memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents, safari bookmarks, documents, etc. It can recover data that has lost due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc.
The iPad Video Recovery software comes with a user-friendly interface so that anybody can easily operate it. This iPod Touch Video Recovery also allows you to preview the files of recovered data within the application before final recovery. So, what are you waiting for, just download and install powerful iOS Data recovery software for free and restore back all video files, what you have lost.
Supported iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch: iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus/SE/6/6 Plus/5/5C/5S/4/4S/3GS, iPad Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Mini/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4/New iPad/iPad Air/Air 2, iPad with Retina Display, iPod Touch 6/5/4/3.
Below follow the tutorial on how to get back deleted videos from iOS device by using iOS Data Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Recover Lost or Inaccessible Data from Bricked iPhone
- How To Permanently Delete Data From iPhone X/8/8 Plus [100% Unrecoverable]
- iOS 12 Data Recovery: Recover Lost Data After iOS 12 Update
- 11 Solutions To Fix iPhone 8/8 Plus Keep Restarting Itself
Steps To Recover Deleted/Lost Videos From iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Step 1: Connect iOS Device with Computer
Install & launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. Now use the USB cable that comes with your iOS device so that you can connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer. Now click on "Recover" from available option.
Once the software recognizes your device, it will show the interface as shown in the image below.
Tips: Before you run iOS data recovery, you're supposed to download the latest version of iTunes. In order to avoid the automatically sync, don't launch iTunes when iOS Data Recovery is running. It is suggested that you disable the automatical syncing in iTunes beforehand. For this, you have to launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
Step 2: Scan Your Device To Recover Lost Data
Now simply click the "Start Scan" button to start scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch for lost or deleted data. The scanning process may last a few minutes, most probably, depending on the amount of data on your device.
Step 3: Preview the Recoverable Data
Once the scan process gets completed, you can see a scan result that is generated by the program. The lost and existing data on your device are displayed in categories. In order to filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, there is a need to select the option. For example: If you want to recover photos then select the option "Photo & Video". Similarly, select messages, contact, Notes, call history, etc to recover respective files.
Step 4: Recover Data from Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
When you find the data you are looking for, you just have to put the check mark in front of the box to select them. And then, click the "Recover" button at the bottom right of the window. By default, the recovered data will be saved to your computer.
Tips: As for text messages, iMessage, contacts, or notes, when you click Recover, a pop-up will ask you to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device". If you want to put these messages back to your iOS device, click "Recover to Device".
Additional Reading: Here’s How To Fix “Unsupported Video Format Error” On iPhone?
Tips: Backup Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Video File
If you have a backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch then you will have the option to recover your deleted, lost or missing data. Hence, it is recommended that you must always backup your important and precious video files of your iOS devices.
Below you will find out how to create a backup of your iDevice by using iCloud, iTunes or iOS Data Backup & Restore Tool:
1 – Create a Backup of Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Videos To iCloud
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup in iOS 8 or later
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup in iOS 7 or earlier
- Click on Backup Now. Make sure that the backup process completed by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and then choose your iDevice. The backup you have created just now will appear with the time and file size.
- While performing this process, make sure your device is connected with Wi-Fi network until the process complete and iCloud backup is turned on.
If your iCloud backup is turned on then iCloud will automatically backup your device every day. But only if:
- Your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Device’s screen is locked
- Your device is connected to a power source
- You have enough space available in your iCloud for the backup
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost Data From iPhone After Factory Reset?
2 – Create a Backup of Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Videos To iTunes
- Connect your iDevice to computer and open iTunes.
- Now transfer the data that you have downloaded from iTunes or App store. To transfer files just click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. If you are using Windows computer and File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Now click on Backup Now. If you are using Windows computer then click File > Devices > Back up. If File menu does not appear then hold down the Control + B key.
- Once the backup process completes, you can now see the backup completed successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. There you can see the name of your device along with date and time that iTunes have created a backup.
Additional Reading: 3 Ways To Recover iPhone Photos Emptied From “Recently Deleted” Folder
3 – Create a Backup of Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Videos Using iOS Data Backup & Restore
Another best software to backup your data (including video files) of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is to use iOS Data Backup & Restore. It will help you to backup your important videos of your iOS device. Later you can easily restore your backed-up videos at the time of unexpected video loss.
Here follow the steps to backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch data.
So, these are the three methods through which you can make a backup of your iOS Device that will help you to restore your photos, videos, notes, messages, contacts, audio and other files if you delete/lose data or your iDevices get lost/stolen.
Videos are important for almost every smartphone user and when you lose them then the situation is very frustrating. However to avoid such situation, you can create a backup of all your data. Like videos so that you don’t have to suffer from any kind of data loss. When nothing helps you to restore lost data, then use third party iOS Data Recovery tool. This will get back your lost videos along with other data as well without any backup.