Learn The Easiest Fixes To Solve AirDrop Not Showing Up in iOS Control Center on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch!
Summary: Have you ever faced AirDrop not showing on iOS Control Center? AirDrop not showing up on iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus/SE/5/5C? Have you tried to find why the problem of AirDrop not showing up iOS Control Center occur and how to fix it? If you have come to same situation like other users of Apple iPhone then this article will help you. It will help you to fix AirDrop not showing up in iOS Control Center on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
AirDrop is known as one of the useful sharing protocol for Apple users which transfers files easily and quickly between iPhones, iPod touch, iPads and Mac computers. The file includes photos, contacts, and documents along with some other types of files between any devices.
But sometimes it can be frustrating for several Apple users when AirDrop does not show up at all in iOS, it behaves somewhat different that avoids the feature of sharing the files. AirDrop is not completely broken but still it does not appear and hence the results will be almost same. But when AirDrop is not showing up on control panel then the problem can be much high in iOS which should be fixed instantly.
Just have a look at user real practical scenario mentioned-below!
Practical Scenario: A User AirDrop Is Not Showing Up In Control Center After iOS 11 Update
iOS 11.0.2 – AirDrop not showing up in Control Center even after long pressing the “Network Icon Group” in the Control Center
Good day everyone, I have this iPhone unit which we updated to iOS 11.0.2. We were trying to AirDrop files to and from it, but we hit a snag when we were trying to go to the AirDrop control through the Control Center. It wasn’t popping up even when we were long pressing the “Network Icon Group”.
Does anyone know why this happens?
I know we can go to the Settings itself and search for AirDrop settings and turn it on, but it’s so convenient to be able to turn it on and off from the Control Center.
Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
– Original Post From Apple – Stack Exchange
The problem in AirDrop which it does not show in control panel is a common problem which Apple users face but there is a solution for it. It is recommended to every iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch user to upgrade their phone to the latest versions because this can solve any problem that appears on your device easily. Even the upgrading of iPhone to the latest versions can really be helpful which has the ability to fix any issue alone and can provide complete experience with AirDrop. Upgrading your device with latest version can provide you best results with airdrop.
But do you know why AirDrop does not show up in iOS Control Center on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
So, let’s first find out the causes and reasons why AirDrop does not show up on iPhone control center.
Additional Reading: iOS 11 Mail Issues And Their Fixes on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Causes: Why AirDrop Does Not Show Up In iOS Control Center?
- The first problem can be the compatibility issue. If your AirDrop is not working in any iDevices of any iOS system, then in such situation you have to check if your devices are compatible with using AirDrop or not? Let me tell you that AirDrop is only supported by devices such as iPhone 5 and above, iPad 4th generation and above, iPad Mini and above, iPod Touch 5 and above and iOS 7 and Mac OS X Lion (10.7) and above is alo required.
- If your AirDrop option is turned OFF, then it will not show up. So check if it is turned ON in sending and receiving devices.
- Check of the app you are using supports AirDrop or not, if it does not then it will appear. To check tap on the “Share” button and check if AirDrop option is there or not.
- If the distance between to devices is far enough then AirDrop will not show up. The distance should be less than 30 feet that is about 9 meters between two devices.
Though there are several reasons for such issue but here you can able to know about how to fix the issue with AirDrop.
If you have done checking up all the above-mentioned tips and still AirDrop not showing up on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Contril center, then you can follow the below-mentioned solutions to fix AirDrop not showing on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Additional Reading: How To Find/Track A Lost or Stolen iPhone [5 Tips & Tricks]
Solution 1: How To Fix AirDrop Not Showing Up In iOS Control Center
However there are many prospective causes for AirDrop not visible to users but here you have to sure that your device is upgraded to latest version of iOS if it is not.
If you have updated your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to latest iOS version, then you will see that AirDrop is hidden rather than missing. In iOS 11 or later, AirDrop is placed behind other networking options. In simple words, AirDrop is there but it is hidden.
Hence, in order to show up AirDrop you have to follow the below steps:
- Go to Control Center on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and look for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi icons.
- Hard press on the networking panel of Control Center to display up additional networking options, including AirDrop.
Many users are not able to find find AirDrop with the new iOS release, but actually you can easily find AirDrop in iOS 11 Control Center by simply following the above-steps.
Additional Reading: Here’s How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode [4 Solutions]
Solution 2: How To Fix AirDrop Missing From iOS Control Center
Suppose you have followed the above tips and tricks but you are still not able to find AirDrop or you are in an older version of iOS and you are not finding AirDrop in Control Center and also assume that your device and iOS version support AirDrop.
Well, in such situation, here is another simple solution that you can follow to fix AirDrop not showing up on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch in the iOS Control Center.
- First go to ‘General’ after opening the application Settings in iOS.
- Then enter the passcode if required after going to ‘restrictions’
- After that under the restriction lists for ‘AirDrop’ look for the switch which is toggled in ON position.
- At last exits from settings and now open control panel again, you can see AirDrop is visible.
After doing all the above settings, whatever problem is there with AirDrop is easily solved and now it is no longer be restricted because all the features are enabled effectively and it will work as before that is shown in the picture below:
Now go to control panel and ON the feature after which the AirDrop will start to work for sharing without any issue. For your privacy purpose, if you want to set AirDrop to contacts only then it have an option to switch it into ‘everyone’ mode for temporary. This is done so that while searching some it won’t fail to do so. Now toggle AirDrop on and if the device is not able to find out the nearby device then you have to switch it from ‘contact only’ to ‘everyone’.
Note: The above mentioned ways will work nicely but sometimes the device requires rebooting only to make sure that AirDrop will work properly.
In addition, other common reasons for AirDrop not appearing in control center are due to not having Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on device. Therefore you should be sure about the settings app. Leaving the restrictions settings, still now it is not clear that why AirDrop gets disabled by default and this problem is faced by lots of users. But if the restriction is turned off then AirDrop is easily visible in Control Center again.
Additional Reading: How To See Which Apps Are Draining Battery On iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
Some people have also encountered with the issue of AirDrop not working on iPhone, iPad iPod Touch or Mac?
Here just have look at practical scenario!
AirDrop not working
I am trying to airdrop from my MacOS High Sierra 12″ 2017 retina to my iPhone7 – I have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on both devices. I get the icon of my iPhone discovered from my Mac but when I tap on it nothing happens. Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Thank you in advance
– Original Post From Apple Discussion
So, how do you fix AirDrop not working on iPhone/Mac?
Well, below I have mentioned some fixes to fix AirDrop Not Working on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac. Just follow the fixe to resolve the problem.
How To Fix AirDrop Not Working on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Mac
- Check For Update: If the problem is caused due to iOS update, then you must check for any OS update available for your device, because the problem might have been solved in the next version.
- Turn ON Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: AirDrop only work when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is connected to devices. So, make sure to turn ON Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Sign-Out and Then Sign-In To iCloud: Sometimes there could be issue in iCloud and because of this AirDrop does not work. Go to Settings> iCloud> Sign-Out and then sign-in to iCloud
- Reset Network Settings: Sometimes due to network issues also AirDrop may not work. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Reboot Your iOS Device: Sometimes, simply rebooting the iOS device solves many problems. So, just reboot your iOS device.
If AirDrop still not working on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after following the above solutions, tips and tricks, then you must find some alternative to AirDrop to transfer files such as photos, contacts, text messages and much more between iOS devices and computer.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost Data From iPhone After Factory Reset?
Alternative To AirDrop To Transfer Files Between iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Computer
One of the best alternatives to AirDrop to transfer data between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, PC and Mac and also an alternative to iTunes is iOS Data Transfer. It will help you to easily transfer photos, videos, text messages, contacts, etc from iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to iPad, IPhone to iPod Touch, iPhone to PC, iPhone to Mac and vice versa.
Here learn the step-by-step guide to transfer data between iOS devices and computer using iOS Data Transfer Tool.
From the above mentioned solutions, tips and tricks I am sure that you were able to easily fix AirDrop not showing up in iOS control center and AirDrop not working on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac.
But if in case, if problem is not solved then, do not forget to try the best alternative for AirDrop that is iOS Data Transfer to transfer data between iOS device, PC and Mac.