I have deleted some of the important videos accidentally and now I am in need of those videos. Actually those videos were of my new born daughter and while selecting some videos to send to my friends, I have just pressed the delete button by mistake and I have lost my videos. Is there any way to undelete those videos from my iPhone 6?
Generally what happen is that iPhone user’s gets crazy when they see such situation mentioned above. People love to record their child’s pictures or videos of childhood and they store on their device which they can watch or review those happy times whenever they want. As it is known that iPhone video quality is very good compared to other smartphones. So the videos are recorded in high-quality. But when the videos are deleted due to several reasons then it becomes important to get those videos instantly from the device and to make a backup of it so that it same thing happens in future then then backup can save the data loss scenario. In this article, you will know about how to undelete the iPhone videos after it gets deleted accidentally.
Manual Methods to Restore iOS Device Data
As most of the iDevices users face a loss of data such as pictures, videos, contacts, SMS, notes, audio, etc. Here find out the manual methods that will help you to recover lost or deleted data from iPhone, iPod or iPad. You can follow the below methods only when you have synced your iDevice with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
Method 1 – Restore your device from iCloud backup
- Switch on your iDevice. Go to iOS Setup Assistant mode with a Hello screen.
- Now connect your device with Wi-Fi network and follow the steps until you see Set Up Device screen.
- Click on Restore from iCloud Backup. Sign into your iCloud account.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Once you select the backup the transfer will start.
- If you have used multiple Apple IDs for purchasing apps or contents from iTunes or App store then you have to sign in each Apple IDs. If you have forgotten the password then you can skip this step and enter it later.
- Now you have to just give a process time to complete the task. Restoring data from backup can take a time, depending upon the size of the file and network speed.
Note – If you have already set up your device then you have to erase all content from your iDevice because backup through iCloud is only possible through the Setup Assistant.
Method 2 – Restore your device from iTunes backup
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device. If iTunes tell you that there is an iOS update then get the latest update.
- Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you are using Windows computer and if there is no File menu then you can press Alt key.
- Now select the date and size of each file and select the most appropriate. Click on Restore and wait for the process to complete.
- Your iDevice will restart and then it will sync with your computer. Stay connected till the sync process completes.
Reasons that Leads to iOS Data Loss
iOS Data loss has become a common problem we always face. But what are those common reasons, well find out the reasons that lead to iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) data loss:
- Accidental deletion of iOS Data – It is one of the common reasons that lead to iOS data loss. Most of the users delete photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, etc from their iPhone, iPad, iPod by pressing the wrong button.
- Upgrade or downgrade of iOS – When you upgrade or downgrade your iOS version of your iOS device, then you will lose the data stored in your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- If jailbreak of iOS fail – While you jailbreak your iOS Device and if the process fails then you will encounter data loss and also you will lose device warranty.
- iDevices got broken or damaged – This is another common reason for iOS data loss, if your iDevice gets damaged, smashed, broken or dropped into water, etc will all result in data loss.
- Performing iOS Device Factory Restore – If you perform iOS factory restore then it will delete all personal and other data stored in your device.
- Virus Infection – If your iDevices gets infected with virus/malware then it can easily corrupt data saved on it and you may encounter data loss.
- Replacing iDevice battery – Well, this has the same result as factory restore, even all the flash memory in iOS device is retained without power. Therefore, your data may get deleted if you change your iOS Device battery improperly.
- iDevice gets locked due to forgotten password – If you had forgotten your iDevice password, then you may encounter with locked screen and you will not be able to access your data.
So, these are some common reasons due to which iOS device users may lose data. But you can still restore your iPhone, iPad and iPod data with the help of iOS device Recovery Tool.
About iOS Device Recovery Tool
iOS Device Data Recovery Tool easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod. It can recover contacts, text messages, photos, videos, notes, call logs, memos, calendars, camera roll, reminder, WhatsApp chat history, documents and even safari bookmarks. It can recover data that has lost due to any reasons that include factory setting restore, accidental deletion, system crash, broken device, etc. The software is available separately for both Windows and Mac and comes with a user-friendly interface so that anybody can easily operate it. It also allows you to preview the files of recovered data within the application before final recovery. So, what are you waiting for just download and install this powerful iDevice Data recovery software for free and restore back all data what you have lost.
Key Features of iOS Device Recovery Tool
- Recovers deleted data directly from iOS Device – This tool easily recovers deleted/lost/erased/missing data from iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- Support different kind of data recovery – The software is capable to recover Contacts, Messages, Notes, Reminder, App videos, Call history, WhatsApp History, Safari Bookmark, Voice Memo, Camera Roll, App Documents, etc.
- Recover Data from iTunes Backup – It also recovers the previously deleted data from iTunes backup. So, if you have deleted any data from iTunes backup and want to restore it then you can sue this software.
- Restore data from iCloud Backup – Similarly, it also retrieve previously lost/deleted data from iCloud Backup as it is in the case of iTunes Backup.
- Preview Option – This iOS Device Data Recovery allow you to preview the files within the software before final recovery. It save user’s valuable time as it helps to select appropriate file for recovery.
- Easy to use – It comes with user friendly interface and therefore anybody can operate this software to recover deleted data from iDevices.
Steps to Recover Deleted Data from iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
Step 1 – Download and install iOS Device Recovery tool (Mac/Windows as per your system OS) on your system and with the help of USB cable connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to your system. After that, you will get the below interface.
Step 2 – Enter Scanning Mode to Scan the Device
Follow the below-mentioned instruction to enter into scanning mode:
- Click the Start button
- Hold ‘Power‘ and ‘Home‘ buttons on your device at the same time for exact 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, release the ‘Power‘ button right away but keep holding the ‘Home‘ button
- You will be informed that you have successfully entered into the scanning mode and you can release the ‘Home‘ button now
Once the above process successfully complete, the software will start to scan your device automatically for lost data.
Step 3 – Preview and Recover Data
After the scanning process gets completed, you can then Preview the file one after the other before recovery and then make selections for the files to recover.
Step 4: Once you select the files for recovery click on “Recover” button, to restore the deleted data back on your system.
Tips to Avoid iOS Data Loss
Losing data from iOS Devices is a really an unpleasant incident particularly for those who rely on iPhone or iPad for business. Because losing important data always cost you lots of time and money to get it recovered. So, here are some tips that you can follow to avoid iOS data loss in future:
- At the time when you want to delete files from iOS devices, just check the files twice carefully that the files you are deleting are the exact one.
- Always backup your data on a regular basis by syncing your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes or iCloud for backup.
- Make a habit of keeping the backup of your iOS device data to iTunes or iCloud every time before you update your device to new iOS version.
- Most of the users go for jailbreak. Hence, it is recommended that when you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod then do it in a proper way, or else you may lose data of that iOS device.
- While you are in crowds of people you must remember to pay attention to keep your iOS device in a safe place.
- As there are no specific reasons for White Apple logo of death, it is suggested that you must be careful while installing any app on your iOS device.
- If you have set the password to lock your iOS device then it is suggested that you must write down the password and keep it in a safe place to prevent forgetting the password.
- While you perform restore factory settings you should remember to backup your iOS Device.